Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Did you notice?

I had to change my blog title. I got the shock of a lifetime yesterday. I guess I should have been catching on to some of the weird symptoms I had be experiencing and it would have added up. You know the sharp sense of smell, heartburn, charlie horses, a gut, and being so tired. Well, I hadn't thought about that. Chad and I were not trying to have any kids anytime soon...at all. In fact, I was thinking maybe 5-6 years down the road I would think about another and that was a new development. Before that I said I was done. I remember saying a prayer and telling God, "I'm done thanks. My life is full, I can't take care of anymore, I just don't have the capacity. If you want me to have more it's going to have to be a surprise." Don't challenge God.

Anyways, I thought I was late (although with two kids I honestly don't keep track), so I grabbed a pregnancy test thinking I was just wasting $10 bucks and it was all in my head. When I got home I took it and immediately the first Not Pregnant line shows up, so I was feeling good. Then as I watched, the Pregnant line starts to get darker. "No..no no...no no no!" It just got darker and darker! So what do you do right after you find out you are pregnant? Call the company you just ordered a stroller from and cancel because now I need a double!

So now who do I call? Well, Chad of course. I got on the phone and asked him if he was sitting down. He was and then I told him. I started crying. Not happy tears. I'm thinking of having to buy a bigger car, the expense of another mouth to feed, figuring out where we are going to put another person in 1035 square feet, etc. Chad being the man that I married of course tells me everything will be OK. I am still in shock. He then goes on to tell me, "We get another $1000 on our tax return!" Followed by, "I think it might be time to get snipped because you seem to get pregnant if I hug you." I'm glad he can make me laugh in the middle of a meltdown.

I called my mom just a little after and she gave me a boost. She told me that we are never ready, you can never afford them and that we have greater strength in us than we know. Thanks mom, I needed that!

Anyways, here we go. I don't know how far along I am. I am assuming I'm pretty newly pregnant, but I might be further than I think. I feel great though other than being tired and getting some heartburn. I am assuming this is another boy. In fact, I would be shocked if it were a girl. I can't believe I am going to have three! We are starting to think of the many many things we need to do to be ready for this one. A new car, rearranging rooms, possibly moving, making more money, stockpiling diapers and clothes. Let the naming war begin...

21 Quick Thoughts:

Cecily said...

Congratulations! Now take a deep breath. I know it's probably hard to consider right now, but a new baby brings WAY more fun and happiness than challenges. And remember, those challenges don't happen all at once. M's already proven to be a great big brother. Now it'll be B's turn to show her skills.

mamapresley said...

Congratulations!!! Everything will work out God would never give you something you can't handle!

Mrs. Case said...

ok, this is going to sound weird, but i knew you were pregnant. in fact, i only read your blog through a feed so i would've never seen the header change. at any rate, congrats! you guys do nice work! ;) let me know if there is anything i can do for you!

Ali said...

Wow! Congrats, and I hope the shock of it all settles in fast and you can have fun with it again:)

Ryan and Laura said...

It probably seems like more than you can handle for now- but just let all of us be excited for you and join us in a few months ;) You will be adding another incredibly attractive person to the world sometime in the next 8-9 months! Hang in there- it all works out in the end.

Tanya said...

well congrats. it is definitely different with three, but still good, very good :D

Brooke and Aaron said...

Hip Hip Hooray! We're so excited for you! I love what your mom said. That's great advice for us all. I know right now it seems scary, but like everyone else said, there are so many joys that a new baby brings a family. You are so blessed.

Chelle said...

We were just talking about pregnancy symptoms & tests on Saturday! Oh my gosh...how weird! I completely understand your stresses. We did plan to have this kid, but somehow I thought we'd be out of my parent's house by now, that I'd have some space to call my own & organize/clean to my liking. So stressful, but SOOO exciting. I think you're just too good a mom for God to stop sending you kids...maybe Chad should get snipped ;) Also, thanks for letting me know how NOT to tell God I'm done having kids. I'll be sure to just inform him & leave it at that!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Congratulations! What an exciting and fun surprise. I totally get the breaking down in tears when telling your husband- I did that too. I love that Chad started thinking about a tax deduction! And know that you have an incredible group of family and friends to support this new awesome kid. Love you!

Marcella Deter said...

I am not sure you want to hear this right now, but CONGRATS and i am so happy for you. i am sure your hubby told you that i ran into him at cafe rio the other day. he is so nice and i can tell he is a good hubby to you. everything will work out. Heavenly Father never puts us in any situation we can't handle.

Foy said...

That is so exciting!! Congrats!

Mommy of three said...

I cannot begin to tell you how EXCITED I am for you (even if you don't feel that way YET)!!! Having a third will be more challenging at times, but SO worth it. Such great blessings they are! Congrats, Rachel! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you (babysitting so you can rest?)

Sarah said...

You are one awesome Mom and I know that 3 is a lot, but honestly, if anyone can do it, I know it's you. You always make everything so fun, and you and Chad are so awesome together. We are going to be down there for a month this summer, so we'll have to hang out, can't wait!

Chelsea and Rusty said...

SO excited for you! WOW i got really teary eyed when i read this post, don;t know why. Let me know if i can help in any way, i know i live far away but seriously if you need anything.xoxxo

Scott and Amber Bryson said...

Hey, so I found your blog off of Sarah's and decided to take a look. Hope you don't mind me adding you to our blog list. :) just wanted to say Congratulations! That's exciting news, as well as scary but I'm sure you guys can handle it! :)

Kristyn said...

Honestly I kept waiting for you to say at the end it was all a fake. Seriously, you're pregnant???????? Holy cow woman! Ha! You're right - don't ever challenge God! Um, I'll learn from your mistake, thanks Rach. :) But your mom's right - you'll never be financially prepared, you'll never be ready in any way, you just have to jump in and make it work. You already did with two and look how great they turned out!! It's scary, I TOTALLY KNOW, but it also all works out. I was just complaining to my mom about our financial woes yesterday and she said the same thing - you just make it work. You're awesome Rach - don't ever question that!!

Brad Frandsen said...

I am happy for you guys... your home will fit another I am sure!

Janice said...

So excited for you :) Congratulations! xo

The Bradys said...

Rach dont stress! This is a great thing!! and your mom is right, you can never be ready... you just do your best and everything works out!! Look what you guys have done already! so excited for you and if you need anything dont hesitate to call! cant wait to vote on more names for you guys ;) CHELSEA is still outta the question chad! haha xoxo

Becky and Ben said...

I am so happy for you (but way jealous that it isn't me). I'm sure you'll be fine and will make it through this just like with your other two. I wish you the best of luck! Oh, and maybe you should wait to say party of five. What if you had twins? hehe

Becky and Ben said...

I am so happy for you (but way jealous that it isn't me). I'm sure you'll be fine and will make it through this just like with your other two. I wish you the best of luck! Oh, and maybe you should wait to say party of five. What if you had twins? hehe