Monday, October 8, 2007

110% Trotter

So as Micah grows, I see more and more Trotter in him. Not the physical appearance so much as the personality. Let me explain, the Trotter guys have this way of being meticulous. Chad isn't like a neat freak or anything, but he has to have certain things a certain ways. His dad is the same way and his Uncle Jon, well you could eat your dinner off his garage floor. They are just the type of people that would make sure the saran wrap on your left overs was wrinkle-free. I think it is a healthy balance between particular and OCD! Anyways, I put Micah down for his nap today and he was really groggy. I took off his shoes and put them on the floor, left his socks on and put him down. He was out for a good three hours when I heard him talking again. I walked into his room and as I walked towards his bed, I looked down to see this:


Yes, at some point after I had put him down in a groggy haze, he had gotten up and took off his socks to put one sock inside each shoe. How many kids do you know that do that? He is such a funny kid. It makes being a mom a little more entertaining when you have a kid like this!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

That's so cute about the socks in his shoes. Emma does that too with everything..like on her high chair, there's a cupholder in the corner. Sometimes we'll put the cup somewhere else just to see how long she'll wait before she "fixes" it. It isn't more than 20 seconds before she puts the cup in the cup holder and then looks at us like "don't you know where it belongs?"

Roberta said...

I think Trotter traits are great combined with Roll traits makes a rather GREAT #13 grandchild!!!!
I love being with Micah and seeing how much he grows and learns.
Roberta

Kristyn said...

What a funny kid! That's too funny!

Shabby To Chic Baby said...

I hope you don't mind me looking at your cute site! I hope you have a girl, that way you have one of each, that is what I want...one day I am not prego,. I hope all is well, good luck with the next 6 or 7 months! Oh it is great that Micah has a little tiny ocd, at least he won't loose his socks!!!Kellyn Graff

Jennifer Dyal said...

Ha! So funny...

Sarah said...

That is so funny Rachel!! I can see Chad doing that at night too...heehee