Saturday, October 20, 2007

Potty training update


So, on Thursday morning when Micah woke up we put him on the potty right away and gave him a sippy cup full of milk. I sat with him for a good ten to fifteen minutes reading stories and singing songs, but he would not go. So we showered him and dressed him and started setting the timer for 20 minutes. At that time we would put him back on with a sippy cup of Gatorade to sing more songs and read. He would not go on the potty. Instead, he would wait until we had gotten him dressed to go back in his room and pee all over himself! After the fifth change of clothes in two hours, I was done. I am still dealing with morning sickness, so I was not feeling well enough to keep up with it! Micah only turned two in August though, so I know I am trying a little on the early side, especially for boys. I know he doesn't quite understand it, but I was just hoping to get lucky. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will show interest in it soon so that I won't have to be changing two sets of diapers when the new baby comes! I have about six months left to get it done. By the way, the Gatorade works great Jen. I wouldn't call it a pee inducer, but it is something he was happy to drink and I knew that it wouldn't give him the runs like large amounts of milk or apple juice would. I will definitely let you all know when we have successfully potty trained. Until then, we will just have to change diapers for a while longer!

2 Quick Thoughts:

lauren said...

ahh man. too bad, but boys do tend to be older when trained. thanks for the walking advice. um i do do that too... well see

SUMMER said...

Don't worry, he will eventually do it! He is still a little young. Haven did the same thing. I had to try a few different times. You looked super cute at church yesterday!