Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mellow Weekend

Thank you Ghee and Papa! Almost every other weekend, Chad's parents take Micah from Friday evening to Saturday afternoon. It gives us a break and makes for a little bonding time for them. Well, they took him this weekend and actually kept him for most of the day Saturday. I have to admit that it is strange for me when he goes with them for two reasons. The first being that I am not used to so much time on my hands and the second being that I don't know what to do without him. When you have kids you understand that your lifestyle changes. Things like going out to dinner become more difficult and as they get older, you choose places where the food comes out faster because they have run out of patience for sitting in a high chair.

Anyways, we ended up going out to eat on Friday night with my parents and sister. I know, we live quite the crazy life! They do make for lively conversation though. I seem to remember the topic of wadding versus folding toilet paper. Anyways, we went to a place called Pomodoros in the Aliso Viejo Towne Center. The food was great, but what was really fun was the dessert. I had heard of panna cotta before, but never had it. I ordered it and it was so good! For those who don't know what it is, it is kind of a vanilla bean custard that they served with strawberries. It tasted just like ice cream, but wasn't frozen or even cold. They also had a chocolate souffle that was very good and very rich. Normally I would have leaned towards the chocolate, but it gives me pretty bad heartburn right now. Well, it was nice to get some time to dine without worrying if Micah was being too loud or if I had enough Cheerios, etc. I did miss him though and I was so glad to see his cute little face when he walked through the door the next day showing me his new little toy!

0 Quick Thoughts: