Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bad news...Good news

Well this weekend was kind of strange. It had a lot of things that had good and bad sides to them. Let me begin:


Bad news: Micah spills TWO bottles of nail polish on my carpet. After trying to get it up, it dries only to feel like melted plastic under your feet and my apartment smelled like a nail salon.
Good news: I had heard of this stuff called Motsenbocker's Lift Off from Summer and it worked like a charm. To top it off, the stuff doesn't have an odor. If anything it smells a little like sour apples. I am now a huge fan of this wonderful product!


Bad news: Micah is sick with what seems like a nasty cold coupled with food poisoning. He has thrown up on me twice now and had explosive diapers for the past four days! We went to take him in to Saddleback Urgent Care on Saturday. We waited for an hour and a half before asking how much longer it would be. They told us it would be about another hour and half. Forget it! We walked out and took him home to a nice warm bed and medicine.
Good news: He seems to be doing a lot better. His cough is getting drier and he is a lot more active than he has been the last two days. As a bonus, I didn't take him to church with me, so I was able to sit and actually listen to a lesson for the first time in forever!


Bad news: On Saturday, we noticed that we had new neighbors moving into the apartment below us. We have enjoyed it being empty since Micah is kind of loud when he walks around. As we walked by, we noticed that they didn't speak English, just like the other neighbors downstairs and the neighbors across from us. How come we are the only English speaking group here? Anyways, since they have been in, they have been so loud. I think they installed their surround sound right away because we can feel it!
Good news: We MIGHT be moving in March/April. Chad's parent's are officially moving to Utah and have put their house on the market here. If they don't get the price they want in 90 days, they will take it off the market and have us rent it until the market recovers. More room for us would be awesome with our expanding family!


Bad news: I realized as I was attempting to get dressed for church today that I have outgrow my normal clothes. Sadly, my skirts no longer zip and so I know it is time to break down and buy maternity clothes. I should expect that by five and a half months, but I just hate buying maternity clothes. I should have just kept them after Micah, but I thought I wouldn't have another for quite a few years, so I eBayed them. Whoops!
Good news: I have a gift certificate to Mimi Maternity from my birthday that I can use, so buying a few necessities won't blow my budget! To top it off, a lot of the normal tops in the stores still fit me since the styles are all empire waist or waistless.


Bad news: We had a clogged toilet the other day and didn't have a plunger to take care of the "issue." Chad took a trip to the grocery store to find that they only sell the head to the plunger, no handle.
Good news: Chad bought a broom and used that handle to put the plunger on. Now he can plunge from outside of the bathroom! No odors to smell when you are that far away and a great story to share about your husband trying to get good leverage on a plunger that is about six feet from him!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Kellyn said...

you must have just posted this, Sorry about all the "Bad News" fyi...Zant is my cousin who is serving a mission in Singapore. He gets home this summer and I can't wait, we are really close.

Mrs. Case said...

This blog made me laugh. :)

Mrs. Case said...

P.S. I had no idea Micah was a biblical name till we were reading in church yesterday and it came up. I have a couple of lists of biblical names and hadn't seen Micah on any of them. Lovely! :)

Kristyn said...

You said you were the only English speaking people in the place? Wait until you see Mesa, if you can. No joke, the majority of signs on businesses are in Spanish and English. Some are just Spanish. It's really weird. What did I tell you - the ghetto is my home.

I just got your email, I can switch it if you want me to.

Chelle said...

Wow, I thought there would only be a couple items listed...you really did have quite a week. Sorry about your new neighbors...I was just outside to try & enjoy the sunset, but the smell of smoke kind of ruined it! At least you don't have to feel bad about Micah being noisy! Have fun shopping for maternity clothes, any reason to shop is ok by me!

Ali said...

Why does this remind me of "Animaniacs- Good thought, bad thought"? :) This was cute. Who sells a plunger with NO handle? And I had no idea that you could get nailpolish off of carpet!! That's incredible, I was shocked as to that good news! So informational.

SUMMER said...

OK- that pregnant belly looks painful... hopefully that poor lady had twins in there! I can't believe that Chad's parents are moving. Are they going to St. George by the Furgos? That would be really sad if you moved to MV! Don't you love it here? You have a great ward! Glad the nail polish came out! Thanks for dropping the stuff back off.