Saturday, January 26, 2008

Six Months!


OK, here I am like I have promised. Six months along and you can see how much hair I cut off (a ton)! This little girl is super low. Even lower than Micah was. As a result, my stomach muscles feel like they have been pulled apart. At times, it has felt like I have done a thousand sit ups and when I walked I was sneezing. Bad combo, but luckily it has gotten better. The muscles seem to be healing. It also makes for a belly button that doesn't pop out. I gets dragged down. It looks like I have a tent over my belly button. Very funny looking. Like I had said earlier, the last appointment I had, they said I was up ten pounds. When they did the ultrasound a week later, they said the baby was one pound and one ounce, so where did the other eight pounds and fifteen ounces go? I have theories on that one! Definitely some has gone to the chest. These things are heavy. A pound to each thigh which have filled out and a pound to my love handles. I guess the rest has gone to fluids, placenta, etc. I'm not too worried about it though. With Micah I really didn't have to put much effort into getting the weight off. I hope this one is the same way.

So, for some reason or another, Micah decided to try to stay up all night. He went down about 9:15 or so and he was still calling for his dad by 10. Chad finally went in and laid down on the floor by him. Fifteen minutes later, we thought he was asleep, but no...he cried and whined for another twenty minutes before falling asleep. We figured he was out for the night, but again we were wrong. He came running into our room at who knows what hour. He was such a wiggler and then he decided to leave. We though he was going back to bed, but wrong again. He went into the living room and turned on the TV. That was it. We put him in his room and shut the door and finally we got some sleep! What is with this child of mine? I have decided to keep him in the Music Makers class, but I am sure that will be more work than fun for me and him. Someone suggested signing him up for gymnastics classes. That might be a good option. This kid of mine can drive me nuts, but I love him, love him, love him!

As far as the headbands go, I keep hearing about a girl in my ward that makes really cute ones, so I will have to contact her. My solution for right now is to get the nylon headbands with the loop in front. This way I can buy the clips and attach them to the headband and when she gets too old for headbands, I can use the clips alone.

5 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

Oh, you look so cute! That's crazy about Micah trying to stay up all night! What a kid! I still have Kaleb in a crib. I know he's pretty old, but it saves me nights like that & he still hasn't considered climbing out! I just saw your musicmakers post...I really doubt that anyone minds Micah running around. Our ward is doing music makers too & I hadn't even thought that Kaleb running around was a prob b/c other kids do too. I think it's the idea of it, no one expects it to go perfectly.

Ali said...

It's Rachel Trotter Hair-cut day. I have been checking Val's blog for the much anticipated pic you said she'd post oh you hair and she finally posted it today...and then a full post of a pic of you and your haircut, and belly?/! what a treat! You still look so small...even though you feel otherwise. There's a lady in my ward that looks like she's about to pop anyday from six months and on. Ouch! Maybe it's because this is her 12th??

SUMMER said...

That tummy is very little.

Mrs. Case said...

You=GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

You look great!!!
And you've given me the courage to take my first belly shot! I figure I'll be sad if I don't have anything to compare it to when I get really huge :)
You're the best!
Carrie