Friday, January 18, 2008

Potty boy!


I was so excited yesterday when I asked Micah to sit on the potty before his shower and he actually peed. I didn't think he would, so I went to throw some clothes in the laundry basket and whatnot. Since I wasn't there, I am not quite sure what happened, but when I got back there was pee in, on and around the potty. I think he tried to stand up. It didn't matter, I was so excited for him. I freaked out and gave him high fives and telling him what a big boy he was. I didn't put a lot of hope into it though. As many of you know, we have attempted this before and it hasn't quite worked out, but I was going to give it another shot. So, after his nap I took him right into the bathroom and asked him if he wanted to go potty. He said yes and he went right away. No books to read or songs to sing while waiting. This kid had to go! As a bonus, the diaper he was wearing through his nap was dry! I was so excited! He got a ton of praise and fruit snacks, which to him are as good as candy. Going twice in one day is huge for him, so we thought he might be on his way to being potty trained. We went out and got pull ups and we are hoping to get him in the habit of going on the potty. I don't expect him to be potty trained by the end of next week, but I think we can make some progress. He is SO much like his dad, that if I push something and he doesn't want to do it, it will just be torture on us all. Wish us luck!

I also wanted to mention a few Friday Favorites. I should just write and Ode to Trader Joe's. He has been my man lately. I love the chocolate dipped bananas, the enchilada sauce that blows all others out of the water, the red pesto pasta and their silver dollar rolls as well as their super cheap soy milk, which I have had to switch to since this baby doesn't seem to like milk. I also am enjoying my Downey Wrinkle Releaser since I do not own an iron (and don't ever plan to) or a steamer. It does the trick in seconds. Lastly, my Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter which has kept me from getting stretch marks so far. Hopefully it will pull through for me the entire nine months! On a tangent, I really love my new hair, but I noticed as I was getting out of bed with my hair in a high pony tail and big pregnant belly hanging out, that I look like a sumo wrestler. I would take a picture, but I do have some dignity left!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

I will cross my fingers for you that the potty training goes well!!

I am positive you do not look like a Sumo wrestler. Where can I see the pics of your new hair?

BTW, fruit snacks are as good as candy to me, too!

The Bradys said...

yay micah! isnt potty training the hardest thing ever!! seriously my biggest obstacle as a parent yet! haha jackson just started wearing underwear to bed this last week cuz he hasnt gone in his pullups while he is sleeping for like 2 weeks. best feeling ever knowing i dont have to buy this kid anymore diaper like items! wooohooo! o the simple joys in life :)

Sarah said...

WOW!! Congrats!!I hope it goes well for you! I've heard it's really hard. Just wanted to say thanks for the name...I named my blog after the name you put for me on your blog...got that? Anyway...good luck and great job!

Kristyn said...

i've heard those steemers are absolutely amazing! in seconds, just like you said. should i get one? where did you get yours? and i'm glad you're making headway with the potty training. you'll have to fill me in when i get to that stage!

Ali said...

Ya, I'd like to know more about this wrinkle releaser too...I spent two hours straight ironing last week and I still absolutely abhore it! Can a girl get a break? Congrats and Micah's new trick...that is HUGE! Yeah!

Russ and Debbie said...

Yeah Micah! Have you ever had the turkey meat-loaf from Trader Joes? Absolutely amazing! :) :)