Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sally Jesse Raphael



Last night we went to Chad's parent's house to visit and Micah got his hands on Papa's glasses. He put them on and immediately grabbed a piece of paper so that he could read to us. I don't know where he gets this from! I was worried about him breaking the glasses, but I was assured that they were dollar glasses from a bargain store so I don't need to worry. So I grabbed my camera and took some pictures of Sally Jesse Raphael in action, or should I call him Sal?

He has really been into asking questions lately. I should say he is really into quizzing people. He will ask something like "Mommy, what color is this?" "Green." "Yes mommy, it's green. Good job, you are so smart!" It makes us laugh. I think he gets it from playing the PBS kids games online.

Other than that, I got my hair cut yesterday and I mean hair CUT! I took about 8 inches off. My style looks like the girl from Scrubs. I like it, but I was nervous that Chad wouldn't, but surprisingly, he is totally into it. I think it will be a lot easier to maintain and it won't get caught everywhere or tangled if I wear something with a collar! I also went to my OB on Friday and I am officially up 10 pounds and I am almost 6 months along now. I can guarantee you that not all of that 10 pounds has gone to the baby. I know of some strangely soft places that have developed, so I don't think I will be updating anyone on my weight gain from now on! The baby is doing well though and I get the screening ultrasound on Wednesday. I am excited to see her jumping around. She is pretty active and a lot of the time you can see her kick right through my clothes!

10 Quick Thoughts:

SUMMER said...

Those TOTALLY are the Sally Jesse Rafael glasses. So funny! I have a few baby girl items that I am getting rid of if you want them. They really are nothing that great or special but you are welcome to them. Call me or email me.

Ali said...

I want to see a picture of your NEW cut!/? You've got to post that soon- you can get that without getting the extra 10, right? But Belly pictures are always so cute anyway...Awesome glasses too. He's a little smartie it sounds like! The good "smartie" though, if you know what I mean.

The Bradys said...

so funny, that cracks me up! So excited to hear about the baby girl. picked a name yet??? when is your actual due date???

Kellyn said...

I think you should say ONLY ten pounds, that is great, I think I was up about 20lbs by then, I gained a ton of weight, and then got sick because I lost like 35 pounds the week after the birth, but I gained a total of 59 pounds I went into the hospital at 184! I was a boat..no a cruise liner! So good job! I need your trick so I don't gain as much next time! Have the Trotters sold their house yet?

Chelle said...

Wow, only 10 pounds? I think you should be proud of that...i beleive most people have an extra 10 pounds right now left over from Christmas :) Have fun watching the ultrasound! How exciting!

Mrs. Case said...

I'm with Ali-belly pics are adorable and I want to see the new haircut!

After my wedding I'm donating my hair to Locks of Love and I will be so happy to have a lot of it gone for the warmer months! Sooo much Puerto Rican hair, so little time; it should cut an hour off of blowing it out!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. Don't be worried about 10 measly pounds. You look great. Loved the pictures of Micah's glasses. We love that kid! By the way, he's welcome over at our house anytime. I know both sets of parents are close by, but just know we're here if you need us!

Kristyn said...

Those shots of him were hilarious! Red too! I rarely see those kind! And I cannot believe you cut your hair, and I'm surprised Chad was okay with it. Didn't he just love your long hair! And I'm for sure staying that extra week at the end of this month. Hopefully Val will still be around! I'm so excited to see you!!

The Nomadic Browns (Jessi's) said...

LOL oh my goodness sooo much personality in such a small package Those glasses look good on him LOL

ashley said...

ok, let's see the cut...it's sort of fun choping a lot off huh?
ok, 10 lbs at 6 months is not bad, don't even worry about it!