Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Random happenings

My parents were gone for a week in Sedona to relax and get away. I don't think I had realize how much time I spent with my mom until she took off. There are days when she gets off of work and I will head over to her house just to have someone to talk to or pick up mail or whatever. Anyways, she was home on Thursday night, so we decided to go out on Friday. We headed to the mall and did a little shopping and then went to Nordstrom's cafe because we were famished! There weas a line and there were these two ladies in front of us. One looked familiar to me. Micah kept pointing and saying "there's two mommies." I was thinking, wow, mommy must dress pretty cute when she isn't pregnant because these girls were looking really cute. Then it hit me. It was Tamra from the Real Housewives of OC.


I have to admit she is much cuter and thinner in person. I wish I could bag on her and say she looks fake or something, but no, she was really cute and I loved her jeans. Now to get back to that size after the baby gets out!

Anyways, we had a nice day out and we went back to my mom's house where Micah was given a fudgsicle. I have never let him eat one all by himself, so this was a new experience. He got it everywhere and he was loving it! I got one picture of his messy face with him smiling. It was so cute, but like a retard, I deleted it. I was loading it on my computer and decided to delete pictures of things I had sold on eBay and didn't realize that picture was still highlighted. I freaked out and asked Chad to fix it. After attempting to recover it, this is all we got!

Luckily, I at least got this one, even though it isn't all that cute. I've learned my lesson though. I will never delete again without double checking what is being deleted!

I have also been busy looking for headbands for this little girl of mine (still no name). I was told to look on eBay, so I was checking them out last night. Holy cow! First of all, I have to say there are some really cute ones, but there are also some really bad ones. I'm talking the bow gets so over sized that it looks a s big as the baby's head. Especially the korker ones. They look like gigantic pom poms on the kids head. See what I mean?


This size makes more sense to me!

Anyways, I think I will be dragging my arthritic mother around the swap meet with me this Saturday to try and find some headbands that are the right size for my little girl! Any other suggestions of where I should look?

P.S. A quick thanks to Val for passing down all her maternity clothes, although it reaffirmed how much smaller she is than me. I have to admit my hips and butt have widened, so only a few pants fit and those were usually too short. What can I say...she is like 5'5'' and a little over a 100 lbs. I'm not, but at least all the shirts fit! Thanks again!

12 Quick Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Rach - check on www.ETSY.com...do a search for baby headbands. There are usually some cute ones on there. Also, if you find cute bows (I can make you some if you can't find any), you can always clip them onto a pre-made headband or a headband made from nylons (just cut parallel strips up the leg of a ladies nylon and voila! Headbands/or cut the leg off a toddler size pair and sew the ends together - super stretchy and easy)

Unknown said...

I guess I signed on with Adam's gmail - the comment above is from Melissa :)

lauren said...

you can make headbands for really cheap with a few supplies from walmart. panty hose and ribbon and a glue gun. if you want to know more let me know.

Sarah said...

I have to admit that I am not a fan of the headbands...or brain sqeezers as I call them, so I can't be of much help, but I am sure she will be just as cute as cute can be...:) Good luck finding some!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Yay for Baby Girl stuff! I can't believe that you're already so on top of life that you're thinking about headbands. Scared of you! Let me know if you ever want to go shopping together :)

Chelle said...

How fun to shop for frilly things! That's funny that the clothes fit you like that...they were all too small for my stomach by the last few months! I had a sexy 3 inches of gut hanging out of everything! Oh, cool that you saw Tamra...I think she's gorgeous, but really ditzy.

Kellyn said...

Ok so here is my tip for you, be careful, Taylor had so much hair we really didn't uses headbands too much so I felt like I wasted money by buying them before I had her. I should have just bought bows, but I guess you never know.

Mrs. Case said...

This blog made me miss my mom. :(

You are so funny with the bows. I think even the ginormous ones are cute, lol. Your baby is going to be sooo well-dressed and absolutely beautiful!

Kristyn said...

How cool that you saw that girl at the mall. Random! And I have to admit when I first saw that picture of that firecracker headband, I thought oh no, what was Rach thinking? Glad you thought the same as me! Can't wait to see you next week!

Kristyn said...

Also, how on earth did you get a hold of the Foy's blog? I didn't know you were best friends with them! :) And I keep checking Val's blog to see pictures of your new hair, but that busy girl hasn't got a chance yet to post them (or did I miss them?) I say a self portrait is in order.

Kellyn said...

I forgot to tell you, when I first saw that picture of the hot blonde I just thought it was Tawyna!

SUMMER said...

The second headband is WAY cuter. You know Jenny Tucker makes really cute ones right? And, I LOVE the Real Housewives of O.C.! I think Tamra is cute (although annoying) on the show so I can't imagine how cute she is in person! :)