Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Girls, girls, girls

Last night I went out with some of my favorite people in the world. As soon as Chad got home I left Micah with him and headed out to a fun girls night! I even left a bit early to get in some shopping without a nagging child. Val, Debbie, Al and Carrie all met me at Cheesecake Factory for what we said would just be dessert. Well, everyone came with different appetites (and two of us are pregnant), so it was a whatever goes type of meal. The food was great, but the company was much better. Once again, I am sure we were loud and obnoxious, but we had a blast. We got there at 7 pm and didn't leave until 10:30 pm. I am sure our waitress hated us for taking the table for the whole night. It doesn't matter though we just had so much fun talking about the good ol' days. Val and I even were lame enough to sing the song for the Itty Bitty Titty Club which we belonged to back when we were sophomores in high school. I graduated from that club! I swear we had no shame. If anyone would like the lyrics, I am happy to pass them on. I think it might help with the growth process! Anyways, it was such a fun night and I always hate to say goodbye because they seem like they are a once a year type of event.


On a side note, I got home about 10:45ish and I was talking to Chad and realized that Micah was still talking in his room. I asked Chad what the deal was and he said he put him down around 10, which is pretty late for him, but for some reason he was still awake. I thought I would go in and give him a kiss and say goodnight. Hello, the kid wasn't just awake, he was wired! From that point on in the night, I tried laying next to his bed, giving him milk, bringing him in bed with us and finally I just put him to be and he whined for about another 20 minutes! It was close to midnight by then! I was wrecked and he still woke up at 7:30 am. Come to find out, Chad had given him quite a bit of sugar for dinner. If it says frosted before the name of the cereal, it is going to keep him up all night!

Well, today I went into my OB to have an ultrasound screening. It was so fun to see our little girl and yes, they checked again and it is still a little girl. Actually, I had to roll from one side to the other just so they could see since she had her ankles crossed. She's so modest! Anyways, she was checked from top to bottom and everything looked great from her brain to her heart to her toes. I even got a profile shot and got to see her nose and mouth. I will see if I can scan it and post it. I am just happy that she is healthy. I was kind of worried because I was so sick with her and I wasn't able to take my prenatal vitamins. With all the nightmares I was having I was hoping that none of them would come true! On the down side (for me at least) all the measurements are showing me to be a week behind, so she gave me a new due date of May 20th. I have to be pregnant a week longer, but I have a feeling this one will come early. Oh well! What was funny is that the ultrasound tech asked us what we were going to name her and we still don't have a name written in stone. I think we will end up with four or five names that we have in mind at the hospital and decide after we see her which name fits her best. Chad's front runner as always is still Chelsea Brynn. I am leaning towards Brooklyn Kate. We have a couple more names in our hat too, so we will just have to wait and see I guess!

P.S. If you want to see my new haircut, Val took a picture last night and should post it on her blog soon!

9 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

I have been waiting for the picture to your new hair cut!! How fun that you all still get together and remember the "good ol days"!! That is so funny about Chad. I can totally see him feeding Micha whatever he wanted for dinner! That is too funny, then the Mom has to deal with it...:) We need to hang out, Austin needs to rock guitar hero with Chad soon. We'll let you know when we are your direction!

Chad said...

Hey now, he only had a small handful of Frosted Cheerios. He also had Fritos, Baked Lays, Goldfish, a granola bar and Propel (aka the only dang food he'll eat). I tried to feed him some of the homemade pizza I cooked and he opened his mouth to have a bite but then realized that was actually cooperating and promptly reverted back to his Terrible Two self and proceeded to use the pizza as a fun new train track for Thomas the Train.

And Sarah, I'd love to rock with Austin some time. I've got Rock Band so we can switch back and forth between guitar and drums (or vocals if he's feeling peppy!)

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellyn said...

I was do with Taylor on May 24th! how neat maybe they will have a birthday on the same day, which you would hate because she wasn't born until the 30th!

SUMMER said...

IS VALERIE IN TOWN? HOW FUN! GLAD THE ULTRASOUND WENT GOOD... IT IS ALWAYS SO FUN TO HAVE THOSE AND SEE THE LITTLE BABES! POST A PICTURE OF YOUR NEW HAIR!!!

Brooke and Aaron said...

So fun! I admire you for giving yourself girl-time. You deserve it! And that date you and Chad went on last week or whenever sounded fun too..you're such a good wifey! I had to chuckle when I read about what Micah ate while you were out with the girls. Sounds a little familiar.. Gotta love those husbands! I can't wait to meet your little girl! I love both names. That will be tough to decide, but like you said, you'll know when you see her.

Kristyn said...

I am beyond sad that I wasn't there the other night!!! And I love the Factory!!! Make sure to save lots of conversation for when I come down kay?

Kristyn said...

And I love Brooklyn Kate A LOT!

Russ and Debbie said...

I had so much fun too! :) And your HAIR CUT ROCKS!!! So cute! I can't wait to get together when Kristyn comes down too! :)