Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fra-gee-lay, must be Italian...


Well, to say the least, I have been pretty emotionally fragile lately. With Micah I did the whole crying for no apparent reason early in the pregnancy. This one is a bit delayed. I think I have cried almost every other day in the last week or so. I have been SO sick with this child that it just gets to me. I really have to hand it to my sweet husband who has been so wonderful in supporting me and just loving me through my crazy hormonal stints. The other night I was feeling pretty bad for myself because I was sick yet again, so I went to bed and just started to cry like a big baby. Chad came in and held me close and told me I was wonderful, which of course only made the waterworks worse. Once I had calmed down and I was falling asleep, he went to sneak out (he is my night owl) and I turned over. In the mirror I could see him stop in his tracks at the door to keep an eye on me. I know he would have come running back if I had needed him. I just love him. What is funny is I think that as women we are always trying to tweak our husbands a little here and there. We think if only he would be cleaner or I wish he would be more stylish, etc. I know that when he is there for me, he doesn't have an agenda in his mind for me. He isn't wishing I was a better cook or a size zero. Without a doubt, I know he loves me exactly the way I am and for that I am very, very grateful! So wives and girlfriends, give your man a second kiss and hug today because although we put up with a lot, they sure do too and they deserve all the love in the world for it!

8 Quick Thoughts:

Jennifer Dyal said...

Holy crap! I was totally teary eyed by the end of your post. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant, but you definitely got me second guessing. I hope you have a better day, free of sickness... that sucks! P.S. I love you!

ashley said...

amen. great post, totally agree with all ya said.

hope you are feeling better. sickness sucks!

Mrs. Case said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Braunalicious said...

I love this post... Chad is such a great guy! And you're totally right about guys not wanting to change us. I remember thinking one day that it wasn't that Nick didn't want to do the dishes, he just didn't see them. Later on that night, I was examining my thighs and thinking that I REALLY need to work out, and he says, "You're so gorgeous." So he can't see the dirty dishes, but he also can't see my cellulite. decent trade-off, I think! :)

Sarah said...

You should take up writing books or something, that was a great post. Chad is awesome, and I agree, we don't give our husbands enough credit. I hope you feel better, and the baby comes on time...:) Love ya Rachel

Ali said...

That was beautifully put Rachel!! I really think you are a great writer too. :) That made me all trunky for Jeff and he is 10 feet away!

Janice said...

You are such a good wife and have such a wonderful husband. So true..Thanks for the reminder that we all need every once in a while to appreciate our hubby's a little more!

Kristyn said...

How adorable are you?! Chad is so perfect and you two together are so great! I hope you get feeling better ... soon!!