Thursday, August 14, 2008

3 Months old!

Brooklyn is three months old today! It is going by fast, but slow at the same time. Strange! Anyways, she is a smiling machine. She loves to flirt and my favorite has to be when she smiles really big and turns her head away like she is shy. It is adorable. She hasn't completely out grown colic, but she is getting there. She is allowing more people to comfort her besides just mommy, which is nice for me! What can I say, she enjoys a soft place to cuddle? She is also super close to rolling over on her own and as soon as she does I will try and post a video. She has been working so hard on it! Also, (I know I ask these questions like everyone else got a manual with their child and I didn't) I wanted to know if anyone had advice on getting their kid out of their bed and sleeping through the night. I was able to do it with Micah because he was bottle fed, but with her nursing I fall asleep and I am afraid I am starting a bad habit. I put her in her own bed at night and then when she wakes up, Chad brings her in to me to nurse and we both fall back asleep. I do have to admit it is fun to wake up to her adorable smile though. We love our 14 pounds of fun!

On a side note...the itsy bitsy spider bit the crud out of Micah's cheek last night. We have had spider problems here and although I have called for an exterminator, they can't come out until September (maybe I should find one that can come out sooner). Last night, Micah was put to bed at about nine like usual, but at ten he was still awake and making car noises. I decided to go to bed with Brooklyn and let him tire himself out. He then started calling for me, but knowing him, if I went in I knew he would get more excited and be up later. Well, he got louder and louder and finally he said "mommy, there's a spider in my room." I thought it could just be his way of getting me in the room, but I went in just in case. He insisted over and over that there was a spider, so I got Chad to take care of it. He went in and turned on the light to see this! We didn't find the spider, but hopefully he won't be back for more!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Spider bites freak me out...exterminators are really THAT busy?/! That's insane. His poor cheek. That picture of Brooklyn is adorable. Her skin looks so pretty!

SUMMER said...

Not already that old Brooklyn... stop growing!!!

Brooke and Aaron said...

We had a hard time getting Heidi to sleep in her bed as a newborn too (probably because she was in our room - there was no other room for her - so the cry-it-out method was harder because she was right by our bed)! Anyway, maybe work up to it. One night let her cry for 5 minutes. Then 10 the next time, and so on. My girls liked to be swaddled and that helped them sleep longer but it might be too hot for that and she may be too old to like that. It's hard though, like you said because its easy to fall asleep during a feeding. It will be worth your efforts though if you keep on top of it and try to always put her back in her bed after she eats at night. Have you tried music? That might keep her calm and help her doze off on her own.