Saturday, August 16, 2008

What a day!

Yay, lots of pictures to show! I will keep the explanation short so you can move on to the pictures. Today we had a birthday party for Micah. Please don't be offended if I couldn't invite you. It was tiny. I didn't even invite my aunts or grandparents. Just a few friends for Micah and basically the immediate family. We did the whole Spongebob theme and set up a mini waterpark for the kids to play in. They were adorable!

I made jumbo cupcakes...


I put together little buckets for each kid to take home. Even Abby got one!


Getting into the water balloons.


The kiddie pool was a hit!


Micah was walking in circles. Don't ask!


Brooklyn was ready to jump in too!


Best $14 ever spent!


Blowing out candles.


Micah licked all the frosting off the cupcake and left the cake behind.


This is what happens when Emma takes pictures. Sorry Aaron!


Opening presents...


...and playing with presents in a very strange position.


Enjoying all his fun stuff!


After the party we did a quick clean up and went down to Aliso Creek Beach for the Corn Roast. It is basically a beach bum party for the church. I took Brooklyn over to see what she thought of the sand. I laid her down slowly so that she would lift her head up and lay on her tummy. Well, she did for a second and then she face planted!


This is what she looked like when she lifted back up! Poor thing, we had to rinse the sand off her face and even out of her ear. Maybe when she gets older she will like it!

9 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

so fun!! im sorry we missed it... it was a crazy day. was helping my sister move, and had to find three bday presents (i have micahs so i need to come over and give it to him!)and it was my dads bday and we did dinner with him, and all the while, I was solo.. Luke is outta town! wish we could have been there! happy bday micah! glad u had a great party!!!!

ashley said...

14 bucks for that pool?!? awesome! what a fun party! happy birthday micah!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Abby had a wonderful time and loved her bucket- thanks for including her! We had a blast- your family is so great!
BTW- I watched that Olympics swimming video you mentioned. RIDICULOUS!

Ali said...

Micah looks like a natural yogee in that position! He's flexible! Plus, that pool does look rad...you must have bought it on sale, cause really, only $14?

Russ and Debbie said...

so cute! I wish we could have been there! I love brooklyns face plant. Her first beach experience and she eats sand. Priceless. :)

Kristyn said...

Who's Abby?

I love Micah;s position when playing w/ his presents!

That pool looks so fun I want to jump in!

Happy Bday Micah - and I looove your cool new bed! Thacker will be so jealous one day!

Kristyn said...

Oh I just realized who Abby is...nevermind.

Janice said...

What a fun party! Your cupcakes look so yummy. Happy Belated Birthday Micah! We were going to go to the corn roast but got tied up at the mall...would have been fun to see you!

SUMMER said...

What a cute little party... you sure did a lot of crafty things from the cupcakes to the buckets.