Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Keep your fingers crossed...

My dad ended up in the hospital Sunday night. He was having chest pains and his right arm was going numb, so my mom took him to the ER where they admitted him and he has been in ICU since. They have been running tests and his EKGs are normal, but the blood work isn't coming out right. They believe he has heart damage, but we are hoping it is minimal and that he can come home today and work on getting healthier (diet, exercise, etc.). If not, he might have to have surgery. When I came to visit him, I scolded him. He still has a lot to be around for. My brother is getting married in April, Brooklyn is only three months and needs to get to know her Papa and my sister hasn't even had kids yet and they will need him around! This is picture of him with Micah at the hospital.

We took the kids out to the Spectrum after to distract them. Shelby was pretty upset over it all. She acted very tough in the hospital room and once we left she fell apart. Poor girl! Thank you to Brooke for being my go to girl and making phone calls for me. You are the best!

5 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

hes in my thoughts... i hope everything turns out good, keep us posted and if you guys need anything let me know. poor shelby, that makes me so sad when little kids upset over that kind of stuff, you neever know what to do or say to make it better for them. my fingers are crossed for your dad, hope he gets better soon!

Ali said...

We will keep him in our prayers. If it helps any, the last three years of working on the heart floor in Utah were so uplifting...not that it should ever be taken lightly, but surprisingly enough, if there is something that needs to be fixed, the outcome is most times so good and fixable! I will pray this is the case with your Dad and all goes well. I'm sorry to hear that he's sick.

Janice said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad! We will keep him in our prayers, keep us posted on how he is doing!

Ryan and Laura said...

Your dad will definitely be in my prayers tonight. Hope you are doing okay too- that can be scary for everyone. You are so good for distracting everyone too! Your little girl is adorable and definitely needs to get to know the whit of your dad.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Praying for your dad, and for you! Keep us posted.