Sunday, January 10, 2010

A little off the top

Yesterday, we took Brooklyn to get her first haircut. I had been tempted several times before this to cut it myself, but lucky for her, I was too scared to do it! Off to First Cuts we went! She wasn't all that happy about the cape they put on her at first, but once she was able to get her hands out and play with some of the toys, she was happy and still enough to get snipped. Here is her before:

During:
After:

Then we decided that since the weather was so beautiful, we would go to the beach. I also thought this would be the perfect opportunity to solve our art problem. We moved the TV and now there is a big open space above our fireplace that needs to be filled. Chad wants a wave of some sort, but if you have seen our house, it just wouldn't go. He wants something that means something to him, so I thought if we went down to Aliso (his spot) and snapped some pictures, we could have a shot or two developed onto a canvas. I would love to be able to find a program where I could turn it into a collage of some sort. If anyone knows of a program like that, let me know!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Valley Girl said...

I love the new cut! And LOVE all the Aliso beach pictures... feels like home to look at them! Great job Rach...
Picnik.com has some collage templates, but I think it limits you to like 4 shots... good luck!

Mrs. Case said...

brooklyn is so cute i want to eat her right up!!

The Burnetts said...

Brooklyn is a doll...and I think that even snapfish or shutterfly can do a collage on canvas.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Awesome pictures! And I love Brooklyn's hair so much that you've convinced me to go get Abby's cut :) Can we get together soon for a playdate/mommy time? I love that we get to say that now :)

ashley said...

the cut looks so good!

and your pics are great! what a fun day at the beach!