Sunday, January 17, 2010

Male Bonding

Micah is getting to the age where he wants to wrestle around to play. It's definitely a guy thing. He gets all hyped up and wants to crash into things and roll around on the floor. Mommy is not so hot on wrestling around. I can't do it with Brooklyn around and it's too loud when she is sleeping, so it is daddy's job! Chad came home the other night and I could tell Micah had a lot of energy left in him. It was time to rumble! The boys had a blast throwing each other around and it made putting Micah to bed easier. He was tired!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Kristyn said...

Micah and Thacks are quite opposites. He has been wrestling with Paul for a looong time now and in fact we've really had to cut back on it since he doesn't seem to catch on to when/where and with whom it's appropriate to wrestle. Paul was really bummed when I told him no more. So how nice that you had at least a little while of no damage to your home due to wrestling. :)

I'm sooo excited for our little playdate this week! I heard it's gonna rain like crazy on Friday - let's hope that changes!

Mommy of three said...

So lucky that wrestling has just begun in your house! Seems as though nobody can sit on the floor without being tackled to the ground by one of my boys :)

Chad said...

Oh Micah has enjoyed rough-housing for a good long while, but usually it's limited to me throwing him on the bed or just jumping on my back (which pops my back so it serves two purposes!), but recently he's wanted to get more physical and throw punches and tackle each other and stuff. So yeah, this a new level for us.

Mrs. Case said...

Thank heaven for dads. i don't forsee myself as being much of a wrestler, either, lol.