Thursday, January 7, 2010

Torn

So I have been feeling like the Joovy was getting to be too much for me lately. Micah is getting too big to even want to sit in it, so I sold it and now I am on the hunt for a new single stroller. After staying up late doing some research, I narrowed it down to two strollers. The first is actually by Simmons. Yes, the mattress company. It is getting rave reviews by all its users, it is light weight, compact and runs about $150.

The second one is the City Mini by Baby Jogger. It is also light weight and compact, it has good reviews (not as great as the Simmons), is about $80 more, but can be used to jog with and will hold up to a 50 lb. child. So I went back and forth debating.

Well, I thought about saving the $80 and going with the first until I got an e-mail form one of the girls in my ward. She invited me to be part of their 12 person team in the Ragnar Run. This is a run that goes from Dana Point to Santa Barbara! It is an over night run. Two nights in a row, the runners start at midnight and each have three legs to run. On average it is 5 miles. So in total, I will be running about 15 miles. I decided to go for it, which means I decided to go with the City Mini. It isn't until the end of April, so I can save up for the stroller and work on training at the same time. I was intimidated by it to begin with, but the more I think about it the more pure fear I have. One of the girls was talking about it last night and how one of her friends was running through the middle of Compton in the dark by herself, just crying in fear. Scary! I think I might have to get some mace! I'm rethinking why I would pay money to torture myself in the middle of the night and have my butt kicked...

Anyways, since I am not longer torn about which stroller to choose, I'm now torn as to whether or not I should cut Brooklyn's hair. It is at a strange stage. There are pieces that are totally straight and others that curl at the end. She also has total shaggy dog hair in the front. It grows forward, so if I don't have a clip in it, she can't see and there is nothing worse than a little girl with snot in her bangs. I take that back, there is nothing worse than a little girls bangs that are stuck to her nose with snot! So I thought about cutting it in a bob. My mom is telling me I need to cut her bangs, but I really want them to just grow out. I don't want to have to struggle with her once a month to trim them again and again. So what do you think, should I give her a bob? By "I", I mean should I pay for her to get a bob. I'm pretty handy with a buzzer on Micah, but wouldn't trust my skills on her hair!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

I say cut it...it will all grow evenly! But she is so cute with it not cut, so either way it's a win win! :)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

You are SO awesome! What an awesome thing to do! If for some reason you need a fill-in, I'd be up for it. And now we can run together! But I am deathly slow... you'd kick my a** :)
I am at the same stage with Abby's hair- to cut or not to cut? I think I'm going to live with the snotty shaggy dog thing in favor og having hair to put in ponytails and braid. They can look like adorable little hobos for a little while!

Valley Girl said...

CUT SNIP CUT!!!! Kaylen had some serious hair issues when she was that age... I ended up cutting it ll off, and it grew in much better....

Holy girlfriend! I cannot believe your gonna do that run! it sounds rad! I just signed up for a half marathon in may.... maybe youll be up to that too.. do you think?

Chelle said...

I think cutting her hair sounds good, but not bangs. Eventually her hair will have to grow out anyways, so just keep putting it in clips. That being said, I don't have a girl, so I've never had to deal with snotty bangs :) Good luck with the ragnar...they've never sounded fun to me. I need my cushy bed!! You can get pepper spray at On Target Shooting for $10 & it comes in a handy carrying case. I always run with it. Do you have a jogging stroller for before you buy the new one? If not you can borrow mine...no way I'll be using it anytime soon. I don't like it, but it's better than nothing.