Monday, January 18, 2010

Realizations

While walking through Babies R Us:
I'm not out of the baby business yet. I walked through and remembered how little my babies were and how I want to do it just once more. Not soon, but eventually. We definitely need a few years and a little more room.

While checking a YouTube video:
This might just be my costume this year. Too funny and of course I will need to strike the pose!

While spending time with family:
Some people like to give you advice (unwanted, of course) on how to run your life when they have never had any experience in the field. Oh, and I am better at biting my tongue than I thought. For those of you who don't already know, don't EVER EVER pick on someone's kid in anyway what so ever. That is a mama's hot button!

While browsing the internet:
I've found a new best friend on the internet. Who ever writes this blog is a genius! I'm getting out my glue gun, glitter and other crafty crap!

Also while spending time with family:
People live different lives and sometimes that means we don't understand each other's point of view. Just respect it and try to understand.

While doing a home improvement project:
Whatever budget you have in mind for a project...double it...and my ceiling is not Swiss Coffee. I will need a new can of paint.

While watching the news:
Well, a couple things actually. At one point when the news was coming in on Haiti, I made a point to tell Micah that we are very lucky to live where we do, to have food and clean water and cars to take us where we need to go. I want him to realize that he is very blessed and there are people that don't have these things.
Another thing, why is it that God waits until after Christmas to send a natural disaster to impoverished countries? I hope this comes out the right way. Are we being challenged as a people to give more after we are feeling broke from the holidays? Isn't that the true meaning of Christianity?

4 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I'm feeling the same way about Babies R' Us... those sneaky sneaks! They make everything baby look so cute and fun :) Don't know if I quite understand your comment about after-Christmas disasters, but I do agree that there have been a string of them... you'll have to explain next time I see you. And I love that you took the time to tell Micah how lucky we are- it's so easy to forget! You're a great mom :)

Foy said...

Glad you aren't done making babies because you make super cute ones! =) Aren't families fun?

Chelle said...

Sooo...are you saying I shouldn't get Kevin snipped while I'm still prego? I don't think I would...but I have seriously been daydreaming about it!!! The Sandra Bullock clip was hilarious!! Would sharpie wash off?!?! Oh, for home improvement projects: also double or triple the time you estimate it will take to be completed.

Kristyn said...

Chad, I fell so bad about my last comment! I was just rambling and I think it came out all sorts of wrong.

And Rach, I LOVE that link for the decorating blog! I especially liked the black refinished bedroom set at the bottom of the page. I'll be checking that blog a lot! I also just found another one today that I thought was awesome: knockoffwood.blogspot.com. They do knock offs on Pottery Barn and things like that - I love it!