Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's a....

....BLOB! If I had a scanner I would put in the little ultrasound picture that I got today. Right now, the baby is just a little blob. The doctor gave me a little scare when he said he wanted to see how many there were because I have the look of twins. Scary! Glad there is only one. After being poked and prodded for a while, the doctor has declared everything healthy. I am 6 weeks according to the baby's measurements. So that puts my due date at November 26th. For those of you who don't know (for shame) that is three days after my b-day. I told my doctor how Micah was 7 lb 13 oz and then Brooklyn came in at 8 lb 13 oz and told him I don't think I could do another pound jump, so if this one starts to measure big, then he could come early. That would be fun to have a b-day buddy!

Now we have to figure out what we are having. I'm certain it is a boy. I even find myself calling it him and little brother. It would be a pleasant surprise if it was a girl though. It would be so much easier to combine two little girls rooms rather than a kindergartener and an infant. Either way, it will all work out. At least that is what I have to keep telling myself. Chad is a great support to me and reassures me that things will be fine. I have to trust in him and the path my life is taking. I know that I am being looked after. At times I have a hard time remembering that and feel overwhelmed. I'm glad I have several months to get used to this and prepare for the new addition.

3 Quick Thoughts:

Cecily said...

Even if it is a boy, he can still share a room with Brooklyn. We've got Jack and Ellie sharing and it's working out soooooo much better than when we had Addy & Ellie together.

Ali said...

Congratulations :) I'll write you down in my calendar for your Nov. due date! I'm adding lots of people lately to my preggo tracker- - - Let round two of babies this year begin! (I'm glad there is only one for your sake!)

Mommy of three said...

So great to hear thaa "blob" is doing well :) I just cannot wait to watch you become a mom of 3 - so much fun (and you are a wonderful mommy).