Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Body Memory

Have you ever had someone tell you that your body has a memory? Like when you are starting to work out again and it seems hard, but then you are told it will remember how to do it all and things will tone up because it remembers and luckily it does. Well, my body is remembering pregnancy. Quite well actually. Let's see...with Micah, I didn't look really pregnant until I was five months. Then Brooklyn came along and since my body remembered, I was showing at about three months. Now this unexpected little one drops in and I feel like I am showing already! I think I am only seven weeks and I feel round and gutty. When I say that, I am being honest. I seriously just look chubby for the first bit. It seems to look like a beer gut until about five or six month and it hardens and rounds out. I have been trying to workout to see if I can look more toned through this pregnancy, but the reality is, I have very little time.

Between feeding clothing, bathing and entertaining my kids, I still have to find time to bathe feed and clothe myself and do dishes, laundry, errands, make meals, try to craft, eBay old items, tutoring, teaching Sunday school, etc. I'm having a hard time knocking all of those off my list nowadays since I am not feeling so hot. I am trying to keep myself busy (as if I am not to begin with) with other things to distract myself from being SO tired and just plain yucky feeling. I hope it passes soon. In the meantime, I am trying to be patient with myself and my family as I watch my to do list get longer and longer and the items getting crossed of are fewer and fewer. I told Chad I only expect my house to be completely cleaned every once in a while, but that every once in a while is getting further and further apart! I might have to consider hiring a house keeper once a month just to get the job done. I bet the extra help would be beneficial for both me and my family!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

the housekeeper will be worth every penny. make some room in the family budget! we were going to do the same thing till my brother and my "tenant" moved in. now they are in charge of cleaning, lol, i'd be happy to send one of them to live with you. ;)

Ali said...

Ooh, I like the housekeeper once a month idea. I could use that and I just have one!

Chelle said...

I so hear you. The first half of this pregnancy I just sat on the couch & moaned. At about 21 weeks I started having conversations again & everyone could tell I was feeling better. Why does it have to be so hard?!?! Also..I am jealous that your house is clean EVER. I have daydreams, but will probably have to wait until we move out for that. Sigh. btw, I haven't even ironed Kevin's work clothes for about 3 weeks because now I'm at the moving slowly & super tired stage. Good thing our men love us anyways.