Sunday, April 4, 2010

Full Weekend

I am sure we are all over sugared and tired from an Easter holiday, so I will try to keep this short and sweet. Friday we did some Easter activities. We colored eggs and since Baskin Robbins has convinced my son he needs and ice cream cake, we made one at home!Saturday morning we went to Coffee & Cars. It was really cool! If you like cars or has a son who does, you have to do it. Every Saturday morning at the old Ford Design Center parking lot, old and new cars gather to be gawked at and that is just what we did!Easter morning was fun! Micah got up much earlier than Brooklyn did. While she slept he went on his hunt for eggs from the Easter Bunny. He got five new cars and then said "The Easter Bunny spoiled me!" So glad to hear that! Brooklyn woke up later (as always) and got right into the candy. She really didn't want much to do with the basket for a while because she was so focused on the sweets. Can you tell we don't get them often? She finally saw that there was more there than just candy. I think both of them were very happy!After our morning at home, we went to my parents house for brunch. The kids were spoiled again and we got our adult Easter Egg hunt, which means we found cash! It was a nice time to sit and gather and enjoy our Sunday. I hope you all remembered the true meaning of Easter and if you didn't remember, God sent a little earthquake to wake us up. Happy Easter!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

one way i know i'm really too fat is that the baskin robbins song about ice cream cake is one of my favorites. my entire family sings along when the commercial comes on, lol!!

Foy said...

Is that your kitchen? It is so pretty =)

Tanya said...

I like the car idea. I'll have to take the boys down there some time they would love it.