Friday, April 9, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes 3

Micah is full of great one liners. The thing is that he just doesn't know it. He is just speaking straight from the heart and he cracks me up! Here are a few of the things he has said in the last couple of days.

When my mom blew a bubble that stuck to another bubble.
M-What did you do grandma?
Mom-I blew a bubble.
M-No you didn't, you blew a butt!

When I was on my way home from Target with loads to take in. I had told Micah on the way home once that I would need his help unloading. Once I got home I opened his door to help him out.
Me-OK Micah, I am going to need your help now.
M-Um, I'm talking to Jesus right now.
Me-Sorry to disturb you...

When we went out for a scooter run in the front and the sprinklers came on. I grabbed the kids.
Me-Looks like scooter time is over. Let's go inside.
Micah goes inside pretty unhappy.
M-Mom, why did Jesus turn on the sprinklers?
I don't know why he is so into Jesus right now, but oh well.

When I was too lazy to do Micah's hair the other day and we headed to the Spectrum. I threw a hat on him, which he has never done before. As people walked by he would tip his hat.
M-Howdy do!

When I was talking about having a third baby in the car.
M-Then there would be one two three kids in our family.
Me-Yep, does that sound like fun?
M-I just want two kids in our family. We can put the baby in jail.
Me-I don't think that is a good idea.

5 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Ooh, good excuse to ignore you- praying! I hope for your sake he doesn't take advantage of that one :) Cute, cute.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I LOVE Micah! The putting the baby in jail comment was my favorite. I'm so glad you're writing this down for future reference. You have great kids.

Roberta said...

So glad you take the time to share these wonderful things with grandparents far away!!!We just laughed and laughed and could imagine these words coming out of that cute month! Thanks

Tanya said...

lol, very cute

Captain Trotter said...

Did you ever meet anyone so quick thinking? How about at 4 years old? Micah is a total kick! What a special family, you are great parents and your kids are responding to the love the feel. So proud of you guys! Thanks for sharing.