Sunday, March 9, 2008

Girls night...or not

Saturday I got a call from Val who was still in town and she was getting a girls night together. The plan was the Spectrum for Javier's and a movie with the girls. Well, some of the girls didn't get back to her, so we invited the husbands along. With the quick change of plans I had to figure out who Micah would go with and get him ready, etc. We were running behind even though we rushed to drop Micah off and headed down the freeway. I was worried as we were stuck in the parking garage for about 15 minutes that I would be a total hypocrite about my friends always being late. We finally parked and I waddled my pregnant butt over to Javier's as fast as my legs would take me, only to be about 20 minutes late. Funny enough, we were still the first ones there. How does that happen? I think next time, I will wait until people call me and tell me that they are there before I leave! It's OK though, my friends are always worth the wait. We had a fun dinner, with the stinkin hottest salsa I have ever had! Javier's food is pretty good. By the way, I didn't take pictures, but I am sure Val will post some soon. Anyways, the movie thing didn't pan out. With that many people, how are you supposed to pick one movie everyone will like?

We noticed that Pinkberry had just opened in the Spectrum so we decided to go there after dinner to end the night. I don't know about you, but I have been hearing people rave about this place, I've seen it on commercials and even in magazines with all the celebrities eating there. I thought it has to be amazing. Not so much. It's OK. They have three flavors (original, green tea and coffee) and then they have a bunch of toppings, the most attractive of which is the fresh fruit. Here is the deal though...it is like literal frozen yogurt. it is like taking your Dannon or Yoplait yogurt and dumping it into your ice cream maker. It has all the tang that regular yogurt has. I enjoy frozen yogurt that tastes more like ice cream. I want to feel like I have eaten something bad for me, but not see the results of it like ice cream. I left Pinkberry feeling like I had eaten a healthy snack and skipped dessert. Lame! Michelle's husband loved it though. I have never seen someone so giddy for yogurt! To those of you who like it, go you. Apparently you do not have the same sweet tooth I have and you will be a thinner person for it!


The name war is still one. Chad and I are both mellow people and honestly we rarely fight. Usually if one wants their way, the other one doesn't care enough to make it an issue. This has been the biggest fight of our marriage. I swear I don't know what we are going to do. I won't get into it too much because I know he will read this and get upset. Bottom line is, marriage is give and take and it is my turn. I will be as bullheaded as I have to be to get the name I love. He trusts me with everything else, so why not this?

Anyways, I guess cold and flu season has hit our family. Micah was crabby yesterday and I didn't know why. He just kind of whined and cried all day. I understood this morning when I woke up with a nasty sore throat and sinus pressure. With all of the slobbery kisses he gives me, I usually end up getting all his germs. Poor kid, if he was feeling like this yesterday, then his behavior was justified. Hopefully it will go away quickly. The weather has been too nice to stay inside sick!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

Sorry for making you wait...I felt so bad for keeping a prego woman from her food!!! I agree with you about Pinkberry...we should go for Coldstone next time :):):) Oh, and Kevin says to clarify that he was excited about the fruit options more than the yogurt (still, who gets that excited for mango & pineapple?)

Russ and Debbie said...

We had so much fun last night! I'm glad you didn't get sick from the yogurt! I went home and had popcorn before going to bed (it did seem like a really healthy snack instead of dessert). Sorry for making you guys late... but at least I'm always in second! :) :) ha ha ha.... :) We need to plan our guys/girls night soon! :)

Kellyn said...

Oh I love Pink Berry! I understand though, to each his own. Good luck on the name thing, it could be worse Kyle wants to name our next kid Leon.

The Bradys said...

Were getting the cold over here too... wyatt is a snotty mess... im hoping the nice weather makes it go away tho! will u email me or myspace me yer number so i can call u this week. i think lauren and i are meeting for a park day or something!

SUMMER said...

Three words.... I heart Pinkberry!!!

lauren said...

um your nuts i LOVE pinkberry!!!!! i seriously would eat it for every meal if i could! and im sorry your all sick, but if it makes you feel any better, we are all too... uhh i hate snotty kid noses. YUCK! and after all youve been through with this pregnancy you deserve to name the kid. hold on and fight til the end is all i have to say, eventually they will get tierd of hearing your whining and give in. at least thats what my husband always does. GOOD LUCK.