Thursday, March 6, 2008

Long Weekend and Due Date


Chad isn't one to take vacations, but he did take Monday and Tuesday off this week so we had some family time together. Monday we really didn't do much because the car needed to go into the shop for new roters, brake pads, etc. We did manage to meet up for lunch and just run around doing errands. Not a blast, but not bad. Tuesday we went out and had fun. We took Micah down to Dana Harbor and walked around. He loved looking at the animals and the boats. I think when the sheriff on his red boat waved to Micah, it made his day! He was so excited. We also went to the other end of the harbor to show him the Pilgrim (a big pirate type of ship). It takes me back to 5th grade when we spent a night on it! Then we went down to the tide pools and showed Micah all the sea anenomies and snails. He loved it, but hiking over the rocks probably wasn't the smartest thing for me to do as pregnant as I am. Oh well, it was fun! We headed home after that and decided to stop by Carl's Jr. Well, we had taken Chad's car and Micah figured out how to roll down the widow, so when we pulled up to the box to order, Micah was helping. By this I mean whatever Chad said, Micah said too. "No onions....no onions." I was cracking up and Chad had no idea why!

That night I got to head out for a girls night with Allyson, Valerie and Debbie! I love my girls even if they are notoriously late (I swear I could have taken a nap and arrived before them!) Anyways, we chatted for hours and some big news was shared, but as of right now it is top secret. We talked for so long, the restaurant was closing around us, so we decided to take the conversation into Valerie's car. I got home around 11 pm. I was tired, but it was well worth it and my sweet husband even put the clean sheets on the bed for us because I was too pooped.

Yesterday I got my ultrasound to determine a new due date. Drum roll please....The tech said she is due May 17th give or take about three days. It isn't much of an change, but at least it was forward and not backward. I am hoping she comes a little early, but you never know with babies. They come when they want to. Anyways, she checked the baby from head to toe and everything looks great which is always reassuring. I got a few really cute profiles of her. I wish I had a scanner so I could post them. In other good news, the tech asked what name we had picked out and I told her that picking a name has been an issue. I told her how I wanted Brooklyn, but my husband thought it was the ghetto. She told me she grew up in New Jersey and that Brooklyn was not the ghetto. I shared that with Chad and I really hoping he just trusts me and lets me name her Brooklyn. I trusted him with the name Micah and I was really unsure about it, but I can't imagine him with any other name now. Who would have thought Chad could be so stubborn about something like this?

5 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

Sheesh. How can you leave us hanging like that? I hate/love secrets! LOL.

Looks like your day out was picture perfect! :)

Sarah said...

Fun weekend!! You have to let me know when this secret becomes public knowledge! :) I still vote for Brooklyn! Tell Chad Austin loves it, maybe that will change his mind?

Kellyn said...

That is so great that Chad could get some time off, and don't you feel good knowing your date? They changed mine up 2 weeks and then she came 1 week after my original date, that won't happen to you though. The only reason I even had her when I did was because they induced me, my dad was going to Alaska and I thought he should meet her right after birth and not a week later, so I told them she had to come before he left, It think he went with your dad. Were will you deliver?

Kristyn said...

I was watching the real wives of NY today on Bravo. So great, I'm a big fan now. Anyway, one of the couples lived in Brooklyn, in a 2.5 million dollar home. Tell Chad if that kind of money is the ghetto, then that's a great place to be!

Janice said...

I know how you feel about the name! I vote for Brooklyn...SO Cute!