Thursday, March 13, 2008

Little stressed

So it is official, we are moving. I am excited, but at the same time I stressed because we are moving two weeks before I am due! The thought of it makes my stomach turn. I have a lot of people that are volunteering to help, but that just means that I have no idea what will end up where and with the whole nesting drive, I am sure I will be unpacking and painting at the same time. I am really happy to be getting into a one story house with another room and a backyard and garage attached. That should make things easier with the new baby coming. I think it will be a little traumatic for Micah though. His Ghee and Papa are moving away and we are moving into their house and then a baby is going to be coming. He will be all out of sorts and that is part of the reason why I am not pushing the potty training thing with him right now. I have heard that kids revert when there are big changes in their life, and I think all of these qualify.

Yesterday was one of those days. I went to bed feeling sick and had horrible nightmares and woke up sick. I felt like I was a pale shade of green! She is lodged pretty high right now and there are times I feel like I am suffocating. I can honestly say, this has not been a fun or cute pregnancy. Luckily, today I had a complete 180. I decided to try and sleep on the couch so that I was on an incline. I was able to breathe well and wasn't nauseated at all. I had good dreams and woke up feeling SO good! My cold is almost completely gone too! I had the best night of sleep I have had in months on my couch. To top it off, Micah slept in until 8:30. I feel ready for the day!

This has been my little hobby lately. I know, I am such a nerd, but I enjoy them. I have found that most newspapers put their crossword online daily. I put "crossword puzzle" in our search engine and came up with USA Today, NY Times, Daily News, etc. For those who don't do them, they start out on Monday pretty easy. Through the week they get harder and by Friday, I am not doing so hot, but I learn a lot. I'll admit that I bust out wikipedia on some of the clues and with them being online, if you put in the wrong answer, it shows up red, so you know to change it. Here are a few helpful hints I have picked up along the way: They like to use some of the words a couple times a week. The clues with a question mark are always some sort of riddle. Good luck on those and definitely don't over think Monday clues, they are the most obvious. Have fun!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Moving- YAY! How exciting, but I totally know what you mean about moving and nesting and the stress of it all. We're contemplating the same thing and I can't decide if moving at 9 1/2 months pregnant is better than moving with a newborn... And I know you have a thousand people willing to help, but please count me in.
Hey- our class is next week! How exciting!

Valley Girl said...

Wait WHAT!?! You didn't tell me it was for certain that you guys where moving! That is awesome!!! I am super excited for you! I am sure you will have plenty of help...and don't forget along with the nesting thing comes a huge serge of energy...I know you will get things done faster and sooner than you think is possible!
Congrats on a house!!!!

And really, good luck with potty training! Micah will adjust to everything soon after "Brooklyn" is here...Kids are funny like that. He will probably suprise you at how adaptable he is! But I agree ge tthe potty training done now...2 in diapers "Sucks crap" as debbie wouls say!
And Crosswords??? Yeah...yer a nerd! But I love ya, especialy cause I spell everything wrong, and have never and will never be able to do those things!
ok my comment is crazy long!!!

Ali said...

Whoa, that is some HUGE changes. I feel in the dark though, where exactly is it that you are moving to? Still in CA? I admire you and your crosswords. I am never brave or driven enough to even attempt those. They are impossible to me.

Valley Girl said...

By the way.... just read your comment on Debbies blog about your boob. Yeah, what was the deal there? It is way magnified, or streched or something....Let me in on the trick would ya..mine need some help!

Chelle said...

Wow!!! That is great, but the timing really does suck!!! Please call me & let me know how to help. I'd be happy to take Micah off your hands or clean or whatever. How exciting to get a yard & if he's familiar with the house that might help with the transition.

Russ and Debbie said...

No wonder you're having nightmares! You've got some much going on in your life! :) Let us know if we can help with the moving... Russ is really strong! (He'll like that I said that), and I'm good at organizing and packing... so let us know what we can do to help!

Kristyn said...

i left a comment about your boob on deb's blog. just so you can read it and it won't be wasted. i'm glad the move is official. not knowing is not fun either. good luck, and use all the help that is offered! (i can say that b/c I'm not one of them. j/k. of course i would be there helping you.)