Friday, March 14, 2008

Park day and whatnot

Thursday Micah and I met Amy and her kids at Cox Sports Park in Ladera. That is such and awesome park! I am totally taking him there again. Shade, turf, sand, grass and the equipment was fun. Usually I feel like I have to watch his every move at the park because he thinks he can do it all. The equipment at this park was safe, so I got to relax and enjoy Amy's company. It was nice to have adult conversation. I don't get that often. Her kids are so cute too. Jack would run off and play and when he came back he would ask "Are you Micah?" I think he did that like five times. It cracked me up! Micah was worn out by the end. I mean, he couldn't even walk straight or make it up the stairs as we headed home. He took a nice long nap after that!

So I thought this was kind of funny and I am sure most of you have had a situation or two that you can relate this with. As Amy and I were talking this lady that overheard our conversation (which was about drinking sodas while pregnant) decided she would join in and talked to us for a while about how she would chug Diet Cokes. OK lady! Earlier, I had run into another lady who was casually asking me about when I was due, etc. I told her I thought I would be done after this one because I hadn't had a good pregnancy. This is when she goes on to tell me that she had a surclage (sp?) and a hysterectomy that took out only her uterus. How did this conversation go from casual to personal so fast? Over share! I know that as soon as you become a mom it is kind of like a sisterhood of sorts. Everyone can relate to each other on some level, but hello, I don't need to know all the gory details as we first meet! Anyone else had an experience like that? Random people having uncomfortable conversations with you as you first meet? Way to make a first impression, right?

Anyways, I went to the OB today and my doctor said everything is looking good. He said I hide my babies well. I will make sure to add that to my short list of talents! I was asking him if he might be able to get the ball rolling for this kid a week early since my mom was going out of town and he said that was no problem and he would even schedule an induction if I wanted. Yay! I am hoping she decides to come on her own a little early to avoid the pitocin. I also told him I was moving and he forbade me from lifting anything. I thought that the worst that could happen would be that I would go into labor, but apparently you can get back and knee injuries at this time. OK, I will reluctantly exclude myself from packing and moving heavy boxes!

Quick question, does anyone use an online type of day planner? I have a bunch of appointments, meeting, birthdays, showers and whatnot coming up that I can't seem to keep straight in my head. I would love a referral to a good one!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

I am still bummed that I missed Cox Park with you and Amy. Sometimes there's just not enough days in the week. Anyway, I thought this online planner looked interesting... calendar.google.com
It said its free, but I don't know anything about it. I use a regular paper planner to (attempt) to keep things in order. I know I'm old fashioned. I tried using my palm pilot as a planner but I need something tangible that I can scribble on and put sticky notes all over. Oh and by the way - I agree that lady totally crossed the line with her conversation. Way too personal! Maybe I'm a prude.

Ali said...

I'm afraid of being one of those "overshare" ladies when I'm older. I feel like I"m an open-book now, and I think as you age, you only get more of an over-sharer! Yikes! That is so funny. No regard for privacy! That park sounds fun...gotta love a good park find. I'm glad the doc says everything your way is looking up! Yeah!

The Bradys said...

hahahah that lady was so annoying and was real good at eavesdropping, my gosh , and she was way too proud that her son shared one car with micah and later became the park brat when he excluded every kid from his activity haha! and yes that is way too much info!!! people crack me up! definetely need to get together more often!!
as for the day planner, im old fashioned like brooke! i have my mom calender that i love because there is a spot for each persons activities everyday, not to mention there is a cubby for notes and all the kids dr phone numbers, school, emergency contacts. i love it. however i had found an online one before its called e2do.com u can organize it all online!!

Chelle said...

Rachel, I remember breastfeeding kaleb once at Disneyland (out in the open because there were huge cocoroaches in the mother's room) and this lady kept trying to look at him. I told her he was nursing & she kept trying to move the blanket & look at him!!! Some people just don't get it. I use Outlook for my calendar, I like it for the recurring events, otherwise you know I'd forget FHE and all the stuff a normal person would remember :)

Brynn said...

This is kind of random since it has to do with an older post of yours...but that dress you like at babystyle is on sale for $28.00 right now. Just a little FYI :)