Monday, May 12, 2008

Hapa da Mommy's Day

That is what Micah wished me on Saturday. We celebrated a little early. Chad and Micah went out shopping for me and I got a nice quiet house for a while. They came back with flowers for me (all picked out by Micah might I add) and a staple gun. I know it doesn't sound all that exciting, but I am trying to get more handy around the house and I have a couple of projects I want to work on. I have a cornice box to cover and some outdoor chairs to cover with new fabric. I know the staple gun will come in very handy! My mom treated me to a pedicure (hello, so nice!) since I can't reach my toes by myself. For dinner, neither Chad nor I wanted to cook, so we went out for a casual bite at Corner Bakery and vegged the rest of the evening. Sunday I got to take care of only myself! At church they gave us potted flowers, which I know will be dead in a week and we got an enormous cookie. Then we went to my parents' house for dinner made by the boys. It was delicious!

In baby news, since I know there are many of you waiting for this kid to come out, I am going in to the doctor today to get checked and I should be induced tomorrow or Wednesday. You would think it would take dynamite to get this kid out! I have had a lot of false labor, so I am hoping that it has helped make progress and that the labor and delivery will be much shorter than the 20 and half that I spent with Micah. Wish me luck!

P.S. I just got back from the doctor and I am being induced on Wednesday. She will be here soon!

10 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

Good luck!! Hope you can get induced soon! (Did you get my text Thursday night? By the time I listened to your voicemail it was too late to call you so I texted you.) Anyway, we'll see you and your new baby girl soon! Let me know if you need anything.

SUMMER said...

Shoot! I was really hoping that she would come yesterday for Mother's Day!!! Can't wait to see her!!!

Cindy Robinson said...

hey rachel! i'm glad you were able to find my blog and i'm glad you had a happy mother's day! i'm so excited for you to have your little girl on wednesday! i have a sister who is being induced tomorrow! sorry our blog is kind of depressing right now, but we are going through a hard time...hopefully we will be back on the up and up soon!
good luck again on wednesday! :)
*cindy

Anonymous said...

Make sure someone posts about her birth so we know everyone is ok! And I can't wait to see pictures!
kellyn

Becky and Ben said...

Good luck, lady! I am so jealous and can't wait to see how cute she is.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Hapa da Mommy's Day to you Rachel. I can totally picture Micah saying it like that. He's so funny. One more day!! I hope you have a good experience with this second delivery. Mine was much easier the second time around. Love you guys!

Katie Schultz said...

Yah... Get her out! Good Luck. Love you and I know Jessi is super excited for you, she is coming out in a couple of weeks with her new little one for a few months, so back to square one for you two. So cool how close your kids are in age and gender.

AnnaMarie said...

That is too cute - Hapa da! Good luck my love, I will be thinking of you today, and I will hope that everything ends up happening today, and not tomorrow!

Kristyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Hope it went/is going well!!!!

Kellyn said...

OK, I hope she is in your arms! And all is well!