Thursday, June 19, 2008

Great stuff!

Brooklyn has had problems with gas leaving her a bit cranky. At first, I thought it was my fault. I found out that I was eating some foods that were considered nursing no-no's. I eliminated chocolate (which for me is a huge sacrifice), garlic, cabbage, beans and broccoli and I have reduced my dairy too. All this and she still had gas! She was upset all through the day. If she wasn't nursing, she was fussing. Last night she was hurting. You could tell from her cry that it was worse than usual. Luckily, my parents dropped by to say hi and my dad and Chad took off for Walgreen's to pick up gripe water. I had heard about it from my neighbor whose kid had tummy problems. It is a natural extract that pulls the bubbles in their stomach to the top and relieves their gas fast. Anyways, when the guys came back, we gave her the gripe water, which smells like black licorice and she loved it! Ten minutes later, this squirmy little fussy thing was totally relaxed and dozing off. The best part was that she only woke up once last night. That was a first! Needless to say I was a little lop-sided in the morning from nursing on one side! I am totally happy with this product and would recommend it to anyone who is having problems with a gassy baby.

I am also loving Trader Joe's Banana Waffles. They are so yummy! I toast them up in the morning and slice bananas and strawberries on the top with some maple syrup. As a bonus, they are wheat free and gluten free. I didn't know this until I brought them home and I became a bit weary. I thought it might taste "health foodish." You know I am not into punishing myself for the sake of health. It doesn't give you any clue that it is good for you! I love them.





Another fun treat...Cherry Coke, but only out of the fountain. For some reason drinking it out a can makes my stomach hurt. I am not much of a soda drinker to begin with, but for some reason I really like this stuff! It has also become a bit of a challenge to find Cherry Coke out of the fountain. So far, I know that Paradise Cafe in the mall has it and a place in RSM (a deli type place with great sandwiches) both have it. Occasionally, you can find it at hole in the wall Mexican joints. Yum!

5 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

cherry coke is my fave, but yes only from a fountain. and like u im not a soda drinker!!! del taco has it too!!! and chuck e cheese lol

Janice said...

Too funny that I just bought the banana waffles this week for my boys and the gripe water for Hendrix. I have used it on all my boys and love it! So glad that it is working for you, yay for more sleep at night!! She is beautiful..I love all that hair!

Mrs. Case said...

I double the love for Cherry Coke and I also drink it at Del Taco as well as Fuddrucker's.

Brooke and Aaron said...

I want to go buy banana waffles right now just because of your post! You're testing my self-control. :) Oh, and I've never heard of gripe water. I'll have to store that idea for the next child (no this is not an announcement!).

Chelle said...

Gripe water? I think I'll go buy some for my neighbor today, she's been having a hard time with her 6 week old. I love all the cool stuff they have these days, what would we do without them? Lol, I thought I saw cherry coke at Chuck E Cheese the other day :):):)