Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend fun


Earlier this week I took the kids to Cherry on Top and as we pulled in we saw this giant red thing! Shelby being the candy monster she is recognized him from a mile away. They were parading him around and giving away candy to announce the opening of Powell's Sweet Shoppe. So on Saturday I grabbed Chad and we headed over thinking it would be fun for Micah to pick out a treat. Well, we didn't even need to make it into the front door for Micah to fall in love...with a tuk tuk that is! He wanted to drive it and when we told him he couldn't drive, he buckled himself in the back for a ride.



Saturday night we had friends over. It is so nice to be able to spend time with adults, but also have the kids together playing. It always amazes me how well they all get along!

Sunday we rushed over to Wy and Jack's b-day party. It was fun and Micah left there a sweaty tired mess. Then we went to the old Marina Hills Ward to visit and let them see Brooklyn. I wanted to make it through sacrament meeting, but Micah was exhausted from the party and we went home. He fell asleep in the car! Anyways, that evening we went to my parents and it was still HOT, so Micah wanted to go swimming. He stripped himslef naked, but had to wait inside while my mom changed into her swim suit. What did he do to kill the time? Stood in front of everyone and posed butt naked. He particularly liked sticking his booty out and tilting his head to the side with a huge smile. I wish I had my camera on me. He is becoming more and more like his dad! He swam for a while, but the session ended when he puked in the pool. Way to clear out a party! Well, as we were leaving he said his goodbyes and even told me goodbye. I said "hey wait, I'm coming with you." I headed to the door and put my shoes on and he says "no you can't is too dangerous." What the heck? Where does he get this stuff? He is such a fun kid! As for Brooklyn, she has had problems with her tummy. I feel so bad for her because you can tell it hurts. Everyone wants to hold her and play with her, but she just cries. I wanted to show you all how sweet she can be. This is a video of her smiling. I love her cute little toothless grin!


7 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

Lol, does that mean Chad likes to strip down and pose nude for amusement?

Your kids are too cute for words. I love that Brooklyn's headband matched her bracelet matched her shirt, etc.

Ali said...

She looks like the snuggliest, sweetest little thing. That is a cute video...and your stories of Micah just keep getting better and better. He's a hoot. :)

Sarah said...

That is such a cute little video! I wish we could have been there on Saturday, we love the get togethers!! We will just have to have another one soon!

Chad said...

She swore to me the nude posing sessions would never be made public!

Chelle said...

That video is so adorable, I am still melting!

ashley said...

i can't even read your post, all i can think about is how much i want jelly bellys right now!

Anonymous said...

brooklyn is so cute its like she understands the word smile.

from shelby