Friday, June 27, 2008

I love my mom!

My mom has every Wednesday off and she always makes time for me and the kids. We usually end up going out for lunch, which she won't let me pay for and finds some way to spoil us. This week we went out to Mustard Cafe in Gateway Center, which I thought was great. Very much like Nordstom's Cafe. Then we headed out to Target. With Brooklyn being colicky and needing me to hold her all the time, my mom decided I needed a sling, so she got me this very cute one!



It worked like a charm and I was able to even get vacuuming done as she slept in the sling. She also got Micah a ton of blocks to play with even though he was being a stinker. I am so lucky to have a mom that is so fun and generous. She is one of my best friends. If any of you know her, you know how great she is. What I love most is that she is great to my kids. I never had doting grandparents, so I am glad that both my parents and Chad's parents just spoil the crud out of them. They have no idea how lucky and loved they are. Anyways, I am just feeling loved!

P.S. The picture at the top made me think of this. Although I am totally not into tattoos, I always thought I would be accepting of a mom tattoo on my son. A permanent sign of his love for me might not be received by a long lecture!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE Mustards they have the best soup!!! And I too love slings, Taylor still fits in hers but I can't get her to stay in it too long!
Kellyn

Ali said...

That is a cute sling :) ...and it doesn't look like one of those ones that wrap around you twenty times and would be impossible to figure out. hooray!

ashley said...

yeah, super cute sling. glad it helps that little one mellow a bit!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Love the sling- what kind is it? Abigail isn't too big on any of the three slings we have, so I'm on the lookout.
Can't wait to see you and introduce the girls to one another!

Anonymous said...

My favorite calling in life as been the calling of mom to the most wonderful people in the world that have brought me so much joy and happiness. I'm so blessed to have you in my life. And now I'm blessed again with wonderful son-in-laws and beautiful grandchildren that are so smart and loving. I'm proud of all of you and very grateful to my Heavenly Father that he blessed my life with you! I love you very much
Mom

SUMMER said...

What is the Mustard Cafe and where is gateway center? I MUST go there!!!