Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm seeing a theme here...

...the theme is no luck in the housing department! Well, we are looking and looking and we only have three more to see, since I think we have seen almost every available housing in our price range within southern Orange County! I think I would like to land in Laguna Niguel. We only lived there a short while before, but I loved how fun and young the ward was, the cooler summer temperatures (not to mention sea breeze) and the city in general with so many things available. So for right now we are continuing to look. We seem to find the best homes in the worst (read ghetto) neighborhoods and then the ugliest (read money pit) homes in the best neighborhoods. We aren't looking for perfection, but I think more than anything else, I want it to feel like home and I want it to be our home for at least five years. So, even though we are feeling very rushed with a move out date of May 18th looming over our heads, we still want to find the right place for us to settle for a while. It is so much harder with kids that are approaching school age. You really have to check out what the schools are like and see if their are kids in the neighborhood to play with. If only I had all the time in the world (as well as all the money), then I could find just the right place. So, we might be looking again tomorrow. Cross your fingers for us, we need to find our next home!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

Good luck! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to not find what you are looking for!! Good luck though! With your creative hands, you can make any place look like home

Carrie Braunalicious said...

We are in the same boat- we're waiting to hear back on our FOURTH offer this week. It's so hard! Can't wait to see what falls into place for you guys. We should talk- we've probably seen some of the same places! Hopefully we're not bidding against one another :)