Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A New Meaning to Spring Cleaning

I got a phone call yesterday that the close of escrow on this house is May 18th! What? We have a month to pack and move. Where to? I haven't a clue yet. We have been looking, but in kind of a passive mode. Now that we have this news, I think it lit a bit of a fire under our butts! So, this years spring cleaning will be a lot more thorough than usual. I will be cleaning, organizing, decluttering and selling off some items. I am not looking forward to making our fifth move in as many years. I have a feeling at this point, that we will have to move into my parents for a couple of weeks until we can get into a place of our own. This means we will have to move twice and live out of boxes for a while. Pleasant! My poor parents, they always seem to have a revolving door at their house. Just when they think they will have an empty nest, another kid (or two or four) comes back! At this point, I think they wouldn't know what to do if they really were empty nesters. Anyways, on the bright side of this all, we have a place to go. The move will make us more organized and help us to get rid of things that we really don't need. Also, we will finally find a place of our own and once we find it, we will be planting our butts there for the next five years or so. Unless we suddenly win the lottery, I plan on being nice and settled for a while and really making the place our own. Getting the kids into school and making it our first stepping stone in the real estate ladder. I think taking that perspective is keeping me calm for now. Besides that, we have always been blessed. We always seem to land on our feet no matter what, so I know things will work out for us just fine and i just have to have faith in that!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

Yuck, I hate moving!! I was thinking I should tell you about what we're doing for some of our storage. We used storage valet, which is just like pods, only way cheaper. They dropped off our pods for free, charge us $55 per month per pod & it will cost $100 when they drop them off. We signed a 6 month rental agreement, though, so the price may be different without that. I was just thinking you might want to check into it. Their service has been great so far. http://www.storagevalet.com/

Mommy of three said...

I guess that's one way to motivate you in finding a place. Sending good luck vibes your way...hope you find the perfect fit for your family.

Becky and Ben said...

I know exactly how you feel with the fast move and throwing out stuff and selling stuff. I didn't find it that stressful, only becuase I knew I was moving into a bigger and better place and was so excited. The sad part is that the work of a house never stops. There is cleaning, unpacking, more cleaning, more unpacking, painting, decorating, planting flowers and taking care of the yard, etc... But man! It is worth it! I'm sure you'll be so happy when you move into a place all your own. (Especially if you get a 4 bedroom place. Then you could have a craft room to do all your handy dandy paintings and bows!)

Janice said...

Come to San Clemente! We have loved talega so far! There are so many kids and young families. your parents are so sweet. Now that my brother has left on his mission, once Ashley gets married, they will be empty nesters too. I am not quite sure what they will do either. My parents and yours will have to get together more often now!