Tuesday, April 21, 2009

News around here

So a lot of things have been going on and I haven't been so good at keeping updated. I have been so busy. Some of it has been fun busy and the rest not so much. I have been trying to get Chad to do another random blog picture update just because it would give me more time to get around to blogging myself.

Well, the kids are growing and changing so fast. Brooklyn is officially 11 months and she is the fastest crawler and an ambitious walker. She loves to walk, but she wants to go fast, so it often ends up being a dive. You might have noticed that in the video below. She is SO proud of herself when she takes a few steps. She has a huge smile and usually screams in delight when she is successful. She also is starting to get a few words. She has had "mom" for a while, but that was edged out by "dada" pretty fast. Now she says "uh oh" everywhere we go. She says it first thing in the morning when she wakes up and here and there when we are out. It is so stinking cute!By the way, she hates the grass....and how scary is it that she already poses for the camera?

Micah is my big boy that cracks me up. He says the funniest things. Just yesterday when we were at the mall he was watching people walk by and said, "Does everyone has bums?" "Do you haves a bum?" "I have a bum!" He will also turn things around on me. He can be a sassy pants. "You better," is one I have heard lately and "do you understand me?" I have to say that sometimes when he says things like "crap" I have a hard time not laughing. He is getting big and starting to outgrow naps, which makes me sad. I am still trying to get them in when I can, but when I can't we have quiet time with a movie. It gives me a little time to myself (or just to clean).Micah in his element with cars, cars and more cars....he doesn't look like a toddler anymore!

Looks like I am a runner too now. I have been meaning to get myself active, but I didn't think it would happen this way. Val was in town this weekend and if any of you know her, you know how contagious her enthusiasm is. She could talk you into running through the mall half naked and singing the Eye of the Tiger! She got all excited about running and somehow I got myself roped into running a 5K next month and a 10K in July. So, the last few days I have been out every night trying to increase my stamina which is pretty sad right now. All I can think of right now is I hope they allow you to walk in part of the race and at least I will get to wear cute pink knee high socks!

the house hunt continues. We are now desperately searching for a new place. Our time here is running out quickly and we still don't have a place. It seems like even when we think we have found a good place, the rug gets pulled from under us. For instance, one place we looked at was already sold when we were looking at it. Another was a misprint in the price, then there is the place that we went and put a bid on, but it has a tenant with a lease that goes to the end of January. Hmmm, so not much luck here for now, but we are going to keep looking and hope that we find one that feels like home. That is what I am looking for right now. Also, as part of our new endeavor to be home owners, we realized that our budget wouldn't work for us the way it does now, so I am getting a part-time job. I am applying at Baby Gap right now. If I get it, my kids will be incredibly dressed at all times, but there might not be food in the cupboards. just kidding, sort of!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Aw, I love Brooklyn's little legs!! Val's enthusiasm IS contagious. I was bummed I missed her this visit- next time! Good things it's just a couple of weeks:)

Chelle said...

I LOVE brooklyn's little pose! Could she get any cuter?!?!?! Don't worry, walking is allowed in the 5K, but I doubt you'll need to. You just run from LH Mall to Dino Park & lots of old people cheer for you.
Good luck with Baby Gap. It sounds so fun, but I'd spend more money than I made if I worked there!!!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

OMG- the posing is classic. And Micah totally does look like a big kid- when did that happen?
I miss seeing you guys!
PS- And thanks for your suggestion on my job search- that's actually been a secret desire of mine for some time!