Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Lots of little changes are going on around here...I'll try to be quick!
1. I grew up and got a facebook. It feel like I have joined the rest of the world after many years. Feel free to look me up on there if you want!
2. I now have a gmail account. My hotmail account still is up and working, so don't worry if you don't have the new one yet. I will send out an e-mail with my new one soon!
3. Chad is a runner now. Funny story...the other week when he was buzzing his head, I told him he should shave off the goatee. He did, but then hated it. He thought he looked fat. keep in mind that he has had a goatee for over four years straight and in that time he has fill out. Anyways, he decided to get some running shoes and start running. he has been really good about going about every other day. He seems to be enjoying it!
4. I just found out that Brooklyn has allergies. She is allergic to cow's milk protein (basically any dairy) and eggs. Not deadly allergic, but she will throw up or have a flare up of her eczema. The doctor said that she also has indoor allergies to dust or mold. He said that the dark circles under her eyes were a sign that there has been long term congestion and that there is a loss of circulation in that area. Then he said I have them too!
5. It is amazing what you will learn watching TV. In the course of watching the Big Bang Theory, I have learned that I am lactose intolerant. I'm not all that surprised since I had the same cow's milk protein allergy that Brooklyn has when I was a baby. Don't worry, I won't throw us, but it just doesn't digest well. I thought that was normal. I guess not, so Brooklyn and I will be sharing soy milk from now on!
6. I know it is early, but we turned Brooklyn around in her car seat. She is about ten months now and 22 pounds, so she was getting squished when she was faced backwards. She would push her feet up against the seat most of the time. Since we turned her, she has been a better traveler for sure!
7. I'm not writing too much about this one, but there is a potential opportunity for Chad that we are optimistic about, but I won't say any more than that so I don't jinx it!
That's all for now!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

You left me hanging on that last one. I guess I'll have to check in later to find out! You've had a lot of changes around your house. Thanks for the fun update.

Chelle said...

Ooo, good luck with the opportunity. Kev just got a job offer today, so we'll see how it works out. Temp status for a few months, so we'll see. :) Glad Chad's joined the world of runners...it's quite addicting. I have dark circles under my eyes & am always congested, but I have no idea what I'm allergic to. I hadn't thought of dark circles for adults meaning allergies, just for kids. Duh.

ashley said...

bummer about the allergies, but hopefully you with both do better now that you know!
facebook? that is one growing up i just can't bring myself to do!