Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday, I mean Saturday favorites!

So here are a few things that I have run into lately that I am loving!


First off, I have to say that although I have loved Girls Scout cookies for as long as I can remember, we didn't get any this year. Reason number one being that we didn't have a Girl Scout come by and attempt to sell her goodies. Reason number two being that even if she did come by and I was tempted, the price of an arm and a leg per box is a no go. Sorry, I will have to go without my favorite Samoas, or whatever the new generic name is for them. I am not a huge cookie person anyways, but a good substitution couldn't hurt. So, I went to Trader Joe's a ran into these yummy things. I LOVE maple, so I couldn't resist and they didn't disappoint. They are delicious! They have the the same texture as an Oreo with a crunchy outside and soft filling. I highly recommend them!


Secondly, as we are on a food theme, I tried this place yesterday. It is called Baja Fish Tacos in Laguna Niguel. It is right off of Alicia and Crown Valley. The food there is delicious. For those of you who aren't fish fans, don't worry, they have other meats and even vegetarian dishes. Fish is just their specialty. The combo plates are huge. It was more food than Micah and I combined could eat. Their rice was really good too and it was just white rice. I have to recommend their guacamole, it is seriously good stuff! As a bonus, the place is really well priced. My plate was about $6.50.


Next up, my Disneyland Pass! I am having so much fun taking the kids and going with friends. I am so glad we got them. We have been going almost every week and having a blast. Strangely, it is a great stress reliever for me. Amid all the noise and crowds, I forget about life and its worries while I am there, so I guess it is the Happiest Place on Earth for me!


Last, my faker...this girl was crawling around the house after me and just crying and whining. Keep in mind, I have her on me most of the day and even at night, so after a while I just have to let her cry to get things done, like go to the bathroom! Anyways, she was crying and complaining and when I get out my camera to capture her being a terd, she gets a huge grin. She is a big time faker. When I take her out and I am with friends, they say things like "What are you talking about, she is such a good baby" or "I have never seen her cry." Whatever people, she is just faking you out. You have to keep up appearances, right?

4 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

LOL, I love that your little girl is already into appearances :) I know what you mean about Disney being a stress releiver...it totally is for me too. Although there are days when it is stressful, but usually it's a great break. I'll have to try the maple cookies, but I'll probably wait to finish my 7 boxes of girl scout cookies first :):):) Kev's niece is a gril scout, so you know...

Ryan and Laura said...

Baja fish tacos is sooo good! I highly recommend trying their "special" taco...I forget what it's called but if you tell the guy at the window that you're a first timer he'll probably recommend it. I miss the good mexican food in California :( Hope you're doing well with your two adorable kids. I'm getting excited (and completely bored of being big and fat)!

Russ and Debbie said...

what??????????? don't tell me Shelby is too old to sell girl scout cookies!!!!!!! I was totally planning on asking her..... wait a second isn't Shebly like 13 now? I'm totally getting old!

AnnaMarie said...

I don't actually have an annual pass. We got free passes with my brother-in-law's band, we were technically supervisors for the high-schoolers. Darn. We should still plan to meet up sometime though.