Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Soggy Disney Day

Today we went with our friends the Didlakes to California Adventure and it was wet. There was no downpour, but it sprinkled almost the entire time, so we were quite wet by the end. Brooklyn hates the rain, but hated it even more when I put her hood on. She would growl as she would rip it off her head. Anyways, we tried to find some indoor things to do. We stopped in this animation theater thing (I don't know what it is called, I'm kind of a Disney virgin). Bad idea, Micah freaked out! He wanted to be held, started crying and pushing me out the door! I assume it was the volume of the music, but it could have been the Mr. Incredible character that put him over the edge. OK, so maybe we could try to do the Monster's Inc. ride. After a big fit, he loved it! It was still raining, so into the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He LOVED that! I have never seen him so into a show. He still has this I'm-too-cool attitude though. He will do some clapping and some singing, but he will not bouce around or dance. Brooklyn liked it too. She even wanted to join the big kids. She crawled up to her brother and pulled herself up on him. So cute!


It finally cleared up, but we were soaked, so we got in one last ride on the Toy Story 2 ride. It was so fun...and how cool are those glasses?


These boys have so much fun together and we decided that they take turns not listening, so we are constantly calling one name or the other. It keeps us on our toes!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

Soggy or not I wish we could have joined you. Emma misses Micah and Luke so much. Life just isn't the same without both of your families. Hopefully you have better weather at Disneyland the next time you go. I'm glad you got to see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That's our favorite thing in CA Adventure.

Sarah said...

SO fun!! Any day at Disneyland is a fun day! Now I have the Mickey Mouse Club House song in my head!

Mrs. Case said...

I love the pic of Brooklyn pulling herself up on Micah; he is such a good sport, he poses as though it doesn't even phase him.

Chelle said...

Awww, that's so cute that Brooklyn wanted to get in on the fun! I love the Toy Story 2 ride, but Kaleb recently decided he's scared of 3D. Kinds can change their minds so fast!

The Bradys said...

fun! we will have to go together! i think were heading there tomorrow... granted there is no rain!