Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring and all that goes with it

We have been really busy here. We are trying to be more adventurous with the kids. I think we often fall into routine and forget to get out and have fun as a family. So, Thursday night we went to Disneyland. It was so much fun even if it was crowded. We went on the Woody ride in CA Adventures where I beat Chad's score. That is huge. He is a video game freak and I beat him! I know he will have a little remark for that one. Anyways, we headed into Disneyland and rode the train and shared a gumbo bowl. That is when Micah saw the big steamboat, so we jumped aboard and headed to the third deck. It was the perfect spot as the fireworks show began. Micah was hilarious. If Disney would have put the show on just for him, it would have been worth every penny. He was screaming, giggling and yelling out "boom, boom!" Chad and I were loving it! His enthusiasm for the small things is the best. I hope he never loses that! As we headed out, we were walking by some teenagers who brought there buddy in a wheelchair. You know how you take your injured friend just so you can get on the rides faster? Well, they were done and were trying to jog their way out when the wheel on chair feel off. The whole tire came off the rim. It was hilarious! He was fine and all his friends were practically peeing thier pants. It was so funny. Anyways, that ended out night and we were glad we did it!

I am always out and about with the kids. We are out at least once a day, most of which has been preparing for the next few weeks. We have my little brother's wedding this Saturday. I have been running around like a crazy woman trying to gather things for the kids and myself. I finally got Brooklyn's shoes to go with her dress and let me tell you how hard it is to find tights in cream for a baby. Insane! Micah is going to be a ring bearer, so we have gotten him some new shoes and white shirt, pink tie and so on. As for me, I have been going nuts trying to find a dress. Chances are, Micah will flip and I will need to drag him down the aisle (he is his father's son), so I will need to be looking nice. So dress shopping is really hard. Here I am about 5' 8" and when ever I think I have found a modest dress, it turns out to be too short. Does anyone make a dress that women would really feel comfortable in? Seriously, it is like when they design a dress, they think "OK, let's show one body part and cover the rest." So here I am in the Nordstrom's dressing room trying on dress after dress. One will be long enough, but then the ta-ta's are all out and then another will cover up the girls and it is way too short! Hello, I am a mom. I want to look cute and not worry about what is hanging out here and there while I have kids on me or run after them! So I left very frustrated. There are only so many ways to modify an outfit so that it still looks classy. On to an internet search I went. I think I have found a winner. I just have to hear back from the company and make sure it can be shipped here in time! Here is a sneak peek:

I think I might just have to get the leopard heels to go with. What? It's a special occasion, I can get new shoes!

Anyways, Easter is fast approaching and we are getting ready for that. I took the kids to pick out their Easter baskets. They could really care less. I am desperately trying to come up with ideas for filling their Easter baskets. Micah is off sugar, so maybe sugar free candy? I wonder if that is gross. I thought maybe I could fill some of the eggs up with fish crackers. I think Brooklyn will end up with binkies inside of her eggs since she can't have cheese crackers. It is hard to have food restrictions on the kids, but it keeps them healthy and one day they won't have them, so it is just temporary!

So the whole spring fever has gotten me and we did some major cleaning yesterday. We were knocking things off our to do list left and right. A lot of organizing and purging of things we don't need to prepare for a move. Not sure where to yet, but we are still getting ready. It felt so good to finally get those things done that I have be "meaning to get around to" for so long. I still have more to do, but I am proud of what we got done and Chad was a huge help as we juggled two kids and got things sparkling around here. By the way, that picture is of me cleaning. Yes, I wear heels and look like a babe as I sweep and scrub! Doesn't everyone? Ha, if I looked like that when I cleaned as often as I do clean, we would have a lot more kids. Right Chad? Anyways, spring has sprung in and around our house. We have flowers blooming, lizards running after each other and doves nesting in out honeysuckle tree. I love the warm weather that spring brings and that new beginning it seems to have. We are looking forward to the next few weeks and I am sure they will be as busy as ever!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

You look HOT when you clean! Wait a second... that isn't you? Good thing, because I don't think that girl is wearing underwear :)
Yay for spring!

Chelle said...

I noticed that that girl isn't wearing undies too. Whew, glad that's not the dress you picked ;) I know what you mean about trying to find modest clothes...I have one dress (that I ordered online & it looked long on the model) & when I wear it I just have Kevin get Kaleb out of the car so no one sees what they don't want to. So sad! As far as easter treats, Kaleb eats alot of sugar, but even still he's getting mostly toys this year. I went to the Dollar Tree & got lots of cheap nick knaks & that should do the trick.

Janice said...

I am sure chad would love if that was your cleaning outfit ;)
The red dress is cute and i love the shoes with it... i think you deserve them too!
I waned to chat with you last sunday at my bros farewell but it was a little crazy. It was fun to see you across the aisle anyway!

Rachel said...

Wow, you have been busy! But it looks like you are having so much fun. Congrats on doing some spring cleaning. I have the thoughts to do it, but have yet to act on them. Maybe tomorrow!?!

Russ and Debbie said...

wow! it sounds like you've been busy! Thanks for your comment today. It's been a really rough few days--but hopefully it'll be over soon.

I love the dress. You are going to look AWESOME in it! You inspired me to stop putting off buying my bridesmaid dress (which my soon to be sister-in-law keeps asking if I've gotten it yet). I love weddings. They are so fun!

Good luck with everything this week. I'm going to shoot for walking Tuesday, but if he's not gone yet, then I won't be able to go. I'll keep in touch with you and Carrie to let you know if Tuesday will work. Talk to you soon!!!

ashley said...

you are one bust momma my friend! i agree with the dress dilemma, it's so annoying, i now hate shopping even more!

Tanya said...

That is a way hot dress, you will look great it in it! Spring cleaning does feel good....