Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thank you for holding...

It has been a week since I have really blogged and that is pretty long for me. I try to put up a blurb here and there when I can, but we have been SO busy. I'm not going to go into detail on it all, but some of the things we did were a craft night for Family Home Evening, Disneyland, have the missionaries over for dinner, park day, meet with friends from out of town, have papa drop in for a surprise visit, go house hunting (again) and go on a train ride among the hectic schedule that is life. Here is our week in pictures:
We got all the supplies to do pine cone bird feeders and got going.Brooklyn supervised and obsessed over her belly button.Micah enjoyed eating the project.
Hi!Don't forget the sunflower seeds!
Daddy helps finish up.Finding the perfect spot to hang them. Don't worry it wasn't cold out.Micah is proud of his finished product.
Thursday we had a well deserved break and went to the park. We met up with my mom's group and got to hang out and chat. I had done my hair in spirals that day and started to follow the kids around to get some pictures of them. Micah was under this turtle with the cutest little black girl and I began to listen in on their conversation. At one point I heard her say "Is that your mom over there with the dread locks? My dad has dread locks!" I guess the day had torn apart my spirals and I now had dreads!This morning we headed up to Costa Mesa for a ride at the Goathill Trains. It is so cute and it is free! Every third weekend of the month, the Engineer Club of Orange county gets the trains running from 10 am to 3:30 pm. Micah loved it and it was great to do something out of the norm. It was freezing there, so I suggest you bring a jacket. Also, no pregnant mommies and the kids have to be able to walk and stand on their own to ride, so Brooklyn and dad got to watch us go by. I wish I had known that earlier.
The kid behind us has a huge meltdown.

2 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

What a fun week! I"m going to have to research more about the train thing...that looks so fun!!

Katie Schultz said...

good to have you back. I love when I am tipped of about some cool FREE kids activity in OC