Monday, October 20, 2008

All about teeth


I thought Brooklyn was fussier than normal and believe me that can be hard to tell with her! I went to check her gums to see if they were swollen. As I was feeling around in there, I felt a sharp hard little tooth poking through. I thought she had her first tooth. After checking again, I found out she had her first teeth. BOTH bottom teeth came in! I have to have a positive outlook on this because we are coming straight out of colic and into teething. I think I might qualify for sainthood after this (if we both survive)!

In other news, Micah had his first dentist appointment today. Although he screamed through most of the cleaning, the staff was great with him and he was given a clean bill of health. No cavities and great looking gums. He got to pick out a toy and sticker afterwards. For those of you who haven't taken your kids in yet, the dentist suggested getting a cheap electric toothbrush so that when they go in for a cleaning, it is similar to what they use at home. I guess it is off to Target then!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Kristyn said...

He's already going to the dentist?? Wow! He's growing up so fast!! :) Good luck with the teething! I think Orajel is a God-send.

Chelle said...

Kaleb has an appointment in a couple months & I'm nervous about how he'll do! We have a great Spiderman electric toothbrush.

Brooke and Aaron said...

I was nervous about taking Emma to her first dentist appointment too, like Michelle..just because I didn't know if Emma would hold still & keep her mouth open. A week before her appointment we checked out some books from the library about "Going to the Dentist" and that seemed to help her understand what was going to happen. Most pediatric dentists are great..they have movies for the kids, fun toys to hold during the exam, and balloons and surprises to take home when you're done. That's a good idea to get an electric toothbrush. I've also learned that 'flossers' are awesome. You can get a pack of 48 at Walmart for about $3. They make flossing SO much easier. Glad Micah's teeth got the thumbs up, and good luck with Brooklyn's teething. You ARE a saint. There is no doubt that you were specifically chosen by Him to be their mother.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.