Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Flashback!


Over the last few weeks I have run across quite a few people from my past. Let me run down the people that I have seen.
-Mrs. Streeter, my high school Spanish teacher. I saw her today working at Williams and Sonoma. I am guessing she isn't teaching anymore.
-Audra Haselton, high school cheerleader. I saw her at Pomodoro's in Aliso Viejo. I heard she got married, so I am assuming she was with her husband.
-Julie, another high school cheerleader. She works at Trader Joe's down the street. I don't really remember much about her, but I think her mom was the librarian.
-Brian, a friend of Mike Johnson's. Don't really remember him, but he works at Trader Joe's too.
-Ms. Hankins, the stereotypical high school gym teacher. This was the best because she rolled up to the Arco near my house on a loud sparkling red trike bike. She still had her butch hairdo, polo shirt and the weird socks with the little ball hanging off the back. That brought me back!
I thought it was kind of funny and weird that I have run into all these people lately. Most of the time I don't talk to them. Sometimes it is because I don't remember their names and other times it is just awkward, but when I do it is funny to introduce my kids. It seems like most of them are just getting over the party phase of life and settling down and it makes me feel old because I am so far passed that. Has anyone else run into old classmates? Was it weird?

7 Quick Thoughts:

Kristyn said...

It wouldn't let me leave a comment before. Weird! But I wanted to say Mrs Streeter! Wow! I remember she kind of scared me. The PE teacher too. That was hilarious that she still has the same butch cut. And why do so many people work at TJ's? How random. But they do have greta stuff, maybe a great discount too.

Anonymous said...

Rach, I told last weekend mom and I ran into Mrs. Streeter at Williams and Sonoma or was it Taura? We actually had a nice conversation with her. She was telling us that she is still in touch with Mrs. Rangel and are god parents to Rangel's little girl.

Chelle said...

It wouldn't let me comment either. I'd have to hide if I saw Ms. Hankins...I can't handle being called a boy name by a butch teacher...too creepy!

SUMMER said...

Gotta love the good old MVHS peeps!! ha :)

Janice said...

Ha Ha !!! Ms. Hankins still dresses like that and had the butch cut! So funny! I totally remember the socks with the ball on the back! How cute that Mrs. Streeter works at ws...I always liked her. Do you have a facebook? Total flashbacks there. I have run across so many people from the past..kinda fun!

I am so happy for you that B is sleeping through the night. I hope it continues for you guys!

Russ and Debbie said...

that's hilarious! It's so weird how many people are still around here! I had a couple nightmares about Mrs. Hankins when we were all in high-school. I'm glad I didn't see her, I don't want those to come back!

Russ and Debbie said...

that's hilarious! It's so weird how many people are still around here! I had a couple nightmares about Mrs. Hankins when we were all in high-school. I'm glad I didn't see her, I don't want those to come back!