Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So Blessed


I had to write these things down while the emotion is still with me. I am feeling very blessed right now. I just watched a segment on TV about a couple who lost their baby after only 99 days of life. He was sick from his birth and they knew he would not last, so they celebrated every day of his life and at his funeral released 99 balloons to signify the days of his life. The father wrote a journal for each day and read them as I watched the pictures of this sick infant on the screen. At day 99 he simple said, "Elliot, today you went to be with Jesus." I know I have had a rough time with Brooklyn, a really rough time, but at least I have her. She may not be perfect or fun all the time, but I can hold her in my arms and tell her I love her. I can feel her heart beat, and feel her tiny hand grab mine. I can squeeze her tight and cuddle her. I think I have taken for granted that I have a healthy baby that is here with me and not expressed my love for her or my gratitude for her being in my life. I love her, I really truly do. I am a very blessed mommy!

As for my cute little Micah, he said his bedtime prayers completely on his own last night and we loved it! It was a crack up. Among other things he made sure to say he was thankful for his trucks, cars, candy and playing with dad! He also made sure to bless mommy and Brooklyn. It was amazing and I was so proud of him for doing it on his own and of course, being so creative. Again, I am so blessed!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I saw that too- wasn't it amazing? It made me think about "celebrating" every moment rather than just surviving it. And what incredible people that baby's parents must have been. I think that about you, too- that you must have a special something in your soul that God knew that you and Brooklyn were made for each other. And, if nothing else, maybe she'll be an easy teenager after all this!

Janice said...

I have seen that too...what a tear jerker. I sobbed for a while after watching it but it is wonderful how they celebrated each day. We are all so blessed.

Ali said...

That was the reason for me BAWLING my eyes out yesterday too. What a sweet family they were...you think they are LDS? It truly is remarkable to hear stories like that and realize what we all have to hold on to. I love Micah's little prayer-that must be precious.

Kristyn said...

You are such a sweet mom. What a neat tv show. Sometimes it's great to take a step back and look really look at all you have.

So great talking to you today!! Love ya girl!

ashley said...

i love reality checks that make you so grateful for what you have. especially after a tough day with your kids, it is so nice to realize all that you do have.