Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another Lesson Learned

#298 Never overestimate your child's maturity. Today I was getting the kids ready to walk the neighborhood. After buckling Brooklyn into the stroller and having Micah sit on his bench behind her, Micah requested his blanket. I know, it was hot, but he is more like a buddy than a blanket. He wasn't yet buckled, but I ran inside and in less than the 30 seconds it took me to grab the blanket, Micah had hopped out of his seat and took the brakes off the stroller. As I was running out the garage door, he was just letting go of the stroller and it was heading down the driveway with poor little Brooklyn quietly riding in the front. Luckily, I caught it in time and from now on, I will ALWAYS remember to buckle him before taking my eyes off him!

8 Quick Thoughts:

Valley Girl said...

and so it begins....

SUMMER said...

Oops a daisy!!! I have done so many similar thing...

Carrie Braunalicious said...

OMG. Nice save Momma! Gotta love the Micah!

Ryan and Laura said...

Other than the near fatality...how do you like your stroller for the two kids? I am starting to look around for a double stroller- any suggestions?

Chelle said...

Scary!!!! Do I sense some sibling rivalry? :)

Brooke and Aaron said...

Oh boy. You definitely have your hands full. Good thing you walked outside when you did. Those motherly instincts are incredible.

Annalee said...

Hey Rachel-

I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting---she is absolutely beautiful(not surprised though---look at her mother). The photographer that I use is Brett Jennings. The pictures on my side bar were actually taken by my cousin in utah, however I love Brett---she has taken my kids pictures for 5 years now. Let me know if you want her info.

Russ and Debbie said...

scary!!!! oh... i noticed that you commeted on Kristyns blog that you're thinking of moving to Arizona..... WHAT?????? You and I need to catch up!