Sunday, October 26, 2008

Whoa, we did what?

I look back on this weekend and can't believe we made it through! We were SO busy. I won't bore you with details, but we were on the go. It started Friday with Music Makers, then went to a Halloween Party with my moms group. It was so stinking hot that I had to get Micah out of his costume because he was dripping sweat. Then we got a short stop at home. We picked up Chad and headed to Trunk or Treat out in RSM. Micah looked adorable in his costume. He was a race car driver. Thanks to my mom for sewing it. He loved going from car to car and getting candy. We needed to get him a new bag though. I bought one that looked like a cauldron, but he kept calling it his purse! Brooklyn was way too tired to appreciate any of the fun and my cute little ladybug slept through most of the fun!

After Trunk or Treat I headed to my mom's house to help make huge amount of pumpkin soup for the ward social. I was just called to the Activity Committee at church, so this was part of the deal. The next morning we headed to the church, kids and all to help set up this elaborate medieval themed dinner. We headed home around lunch for food and naps, then headed back over without kids (thanks Ashley) to get the whole thing going. It was a hit and a ton of fun, sorry no pictures, but I did dress up like Wart from Sword in the Stone!

On to today, we had a late start, but made it to church, had naps and then headed over to my parents. We had dinner and then we decorated the "bloody" cupcakes I baked. Micah loved them and did a great job decorating. Of course, my brother-in-law Troy was way more into it than the kids. His is the witch below. Fun stuff!

It feels like Halloween is already over because of all the parties we have been to and the candy we have eaten! Is it over yet? Just kidding, we are having fun. As for my sweet little Brooklyn, her colic is flaring up again. I have no idea why. It is so frustrating and I find myself getting anxious because of it. It is like I am just awaiting the next episode. People just ooh and aww over her and I think she is adorable too, but sometimes I just don't like her. I love her because I am her mom, but liking her can be a big challenge. I have to remind myself that she is not trying to be a bad baby, she is just in pain. I am starting to think that she might be better off with formula. It seems like within minutes of nursing she is screaming. I wonder if formula would make it better. I have to just keep hanging in there. I know that the colic will pass eventually, right? In the mean time, if anyone has any remedy for it, please let me know. I am desperate for it to end!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Tanya said...

Micah and Brooklyn looked adorable. or cool depending on which kid. I agree this weekend was crazy for us as well. with Birthday parties, trunk or treat and such. Next weekend will be even crazier for us so I am just gearing up... (and having fun too)

Becky and Ben said...

That colic must really suck. I feel so bad for you and lucky that I haven't had to experience it. Have you thought about pumping and mixing breast milk and formula 1/2 and 1/2? Otherwise, my sister-in-law switched to formula when her daughter wouldn't stop screaming during breastfeeding and it solved the problem immediately. You are such a good mom for keeping up with the breastfeeding. I gave up with Ross when he was like 1 month old, and I don't know if I'll even do it with the next baby. We'll see how things go. Good luck!!

Kristyn said...

No tips. Sorry. Has she slept through the night again yet? My dad sent me pictures of the party on Sat - wow! Micah makes a great race car driver!

bryan said...

http://www.colicease.com/

i have some friends that swear by this stuff. Give it a whirl!

SUMMER said...

Those kids are too cute in their costumes!