Friday, October 24, 2008

Hallelujah!


We had a first! Last night, for the very first time and hopefully not the last, Brooklyn slept through the night!!! She went down at about 9:30 and didn't wake up until 6:30 the next morning. Even then, she woke up only long enough to nurse and then slept again until about 8:30! By the way, she also woke up with a dry diaper. Strange, huh? Anyways, I am feeling rested and blessed! I hope this is the beginning of something good. I am not going to count on it, but it would be nice if this became a regular thing. It was great, but at the same time scary. I woke up at about 4 in the morning wondering where she was. I freaked out thinking she must have died (yes, I am super rational in the middle of the night). I go in to see her peacefully sleeping and of course I checked to make sure she was breathing. Chad woke up shortly after and asked where she was. I told him she is alive and still sleeping. It was the best. I had been told earlier that day that I should try turning her onto her tummy and it worked like a charm! I know you must be thinking duh, but she is always changing the way she wants to be put to sleep, so I was just getting frustrated. She has been such a hard baby for me that any little bit of a victory is huge for me. I feel like I am learning to manage her better and I feel more together with sleep under my belt!

She thought balancing blocks on her head was pretty fun. I kept saying "Look what I can do! Cool tricks, cool tricks!" That Yo Gabba Gabba can really get in your head!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

She is sooooo beautiful!!

Ali said...

Hooray! Congratulations...I can only imagine what that feels like at this point :) I'm glad she's making strides.