Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hit by a Mack Truck

That's what I feel like right now. I woke up on Saturday feeling a little sore. I knew I had some blocked milk ducts that were bothering me, but I didn't know it would turn into full blown mastitis! Through the rest of the day things just went down hill. I got the chills and then a fever and a headache. All my muscles ached as if I had run a marathon and I was weak. I almost fell over picking up Brooklyn. My fever went up to 102 and I couldn't sleep. I decided to go into Urgent Care today, which by the way forgot us in our room for over an hour. They said my body seems to be fighting it well and just to sleep, drink lots of water and take Tylenol. For the time being I am out of commission and Chad has pretty much taken on the role of single parent, except for the breastfeeding! He is even doing all the chores. Thanks Chad! I also have to thank my mom for watching brooklyn for hours yesterday while I napped. OK, I promise next post will have pictures!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Ugh, I am so sorry you're so sick. That does not sound fun. Hope you feel better soon!

The Burnetts said...

I've had lots of blocked ducts, but never mastitis - I'm so sorry! Get better soon!!!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Oh Rachel- I'm so sorry you're going through this! Thank goodness for wonderful husbands and moms, right?

Kristyn said...

Chad is amazing! My friend had mastitis and said it was amazingly awful. So sorry babe. Hope it goes away QUICK!

Chelle said...

Don't need pics for this post :) I hope you feel better soon. Blocked ducts by themselves are bad enough!

Brooke and Aaron said...

That's terrible!! Hope you recover quickly. If you want Micah out of the house for a couple of hours, give me a call, Emma LOVES him! Her prayers for the last two days have included "thank you I could sit in the fire truck with Micah". I'm glad Chad and your Mom have been there for you. Family is the best!

SUMMER said...

I have had mastitis 6 times! Call me tomorrow... I will give you some tips.