Thursday, October 16, 2008

Whoops, 5 months

Things have been really busy around here, so I forgot to make a post for Brooklyn turning 5 months. Bad mommy! Well, let me tell you she is growing by leaps and bounds. We just got back from the doctor and she is 16 and a half pounds! She is on the upper end of the growth chart (around 70%), but I still think she is small since Micah was always in the 90's and still is! Anyways, she rolls like crazy, giggles, coos, grabs, and flirts. I love when she plays coy! I can hardly keep this wiggle worm still. In fact, this is what happens when I leave her in her bouncer too long!

She is a pretty little girl and we love her. There are times I think that if she wasn't so cute I couldn't make it through the colic. She is still losing hair and getting more blond fuzz. I am reverting from clips to headbands for her!

She has also been eating some fun new baby foods and is great at it. She is a little vacuum! And oh my goodness, you have to check out those thighs. Can anyone else hear that thunder? Those things are hilarious! She even has knee fat to top them off! We just LOVE her. She is a great addition to our family and keeps us on our toes since we have two kids that are polar opposites. It is like being a new parent all over again!

7 Quick Thoughts:

The Burnetts said...

cute, cute!!! I agree that if Luke wasn't so darn cute, I wouldn't be able to handle the reflux, spit, and screaming! Just when I've about had it, he'll give me this smile that just melts my heart! Being a mother is quite the experience...

wish we could meet at the spectrum :( I haven't seen you forever! I'll give you a ring next time we're headed that direction to see if we can meet up somewhere.

Brooke and Aaron said...

She's a beauty! I love her thighs. It's amazing how different they are. I feel the same way with Emma and Heidi.. We'll probably see you tomorrow morning.

Chelsea and Rusty said...

ADORABLE!!

Ali said...

I love LOVE leg rolls. The best is putting lotion on them after a bath. I hope our little guy has leg rolls, (after a month or so) :) So glad she's doing well-

Russ and Debbie said...

Happy 5 months Brooklyn! You're adorable!!!! Rach are you going to Nancy's thing tonight? Hope to see you there!

Anonymous said...

I love my precious girl! When you are done with her, you can give her to me. =o)

AnnaMarie said...

I love the legs. The bib says it all!