Monday, October 13, 2008

We've been up to...

I have been busy keeping this active little three year old of mine outside and moving! Last week when it was HOT HOT HOT we went to the Spectrum and did the white trash thing and let Micah play in the fountains. He has a blast! He always meets new little friends and they follow each other around until it is time for us to leave.


Brooklyn watched from the side, but didn't have as much fun.


Then on Saturday morning (before I was feeling really sick) we met up with Brooke, Emma and Heidi for some fun at the firehouse. It was an open house and the kids could get in the truck, use the hose and tour the station. Micah couldn't get enough of the truck. He hopped in it at every chance he got. I am glad that we went when we did because they got a call and had to leave just a half hour after we got there. It made for a fun exit for the kids!


I had to add this story because I thought it was funny. Sometimes it shows how Chad and I grew up differently and it cracks me up. I always tease him about how he eats kid food. Seriously, he is one of the pickiest eaters I know and his sister tells me he gets it from his parents. On the other hand, I have a dad that is a very adventurous eater, so we are always trying something new. On Sunday my mom made a pork loin for dinner. When he sat down to eat the conversation went like this:
Chad-What's this?
Mom-Pork loin.
Chad-Loin, as in groin?
Mom-No, it's a center cut.
Me-No Chad, you aren't eating pig penis.
Chad-I was about to say...
Dad-If that scared you, then you should have seen it before I cut it.
Chad-I think I would have blushed!
Of course, Chad being the unadventurous type, skipped the pork loin and later went home to make a bologna sandwich and Velveeta with crackers. He made my point for me!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

Nice! I think Austin and Chad have more in common that not, Austin is a really picky eater as well! Prok Loin...that is so yummy Chad missed out! BTW you look super cute...how do you do that?

Roberta said...

Well, I just want to say, if someone had said this is like a pork chop, Chad would have at least tried it. You know Pork Chops and Applesauce and Fried Potatoes Chad. Ummmmmm Good!
Mom

Becky and Ben said...

You guys are always out doing fun stuff. I'm so jealous. I feel like a bad mom, cuz I'm not always out taking the kids to do cool stuff. Where do you hear about all the happenings?

Brooke and Aaron said...

Oh Chad. You don't know what you're missing. You'd probably like it if you'd try a bite (that's what we tell Emma and then when she's done she always says, "Mmm, that was so good!"...and then I just think, I told you so!..). ..Or Rachel could just do what my friend does with her kids and call every meat "chicken". We haven't been to the fountains recently. I'm just waiting for these Santa Ana's to go away! Thanks again for letting us know about the Fire Station. It was priceless to watch the kids there.

Russ and Debbie said...

I love the pics... and cute story chad!

Anonymous said...

I thought I heard that conversation. It was a lot funnier the second time around!!

Chelle said...

Oh my gosh , how fun that you could go check out the fire truck! that is the coolest! Since when is pork loin adventurous?