Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Etc.

Here are some of the random things going on here at the Trotter house. First, this is us enjoying a moment of peace and quiet in the house. It is not a very common occurrence!

This is how much Micah likes his Trix...we don't buy them often!

My new hair cut. I always feel dumb taking pictures of myself, but who else was going to take it?

Brooklyn is trying to crawl now. She will get up on her hands and knees then reach for something. She gets so frustrated with herself when she doesn't go anywhere.

By the way, it took me about ten shots before I could get her to look at me. She hates the flash on the camera and would look away as soon as I called her name or she saw the red eye light. I finally just turned the flash off!

My handsome Micah. He likes to steal Brooklyn's toys. I think he likes that it is so easy for him. Like, yeah mom, I can stack those...no problem!

I love bows and flowers in a little girls hair. I just love how feminine it looks. I have been buying all her bow and got sick of it and decided to try making them myself. I ran across this website http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/banners.html and gave it a shot. A lot of their bows are cheesy, but the boutique and pinwheel are cute!

One of the many projects I just checked off my list. This was a gold mirror that my mom had hanging in her guest bathroom until they did a reno on it. I took it and spray painted it black. Now I have this cool retro mirror to put up. I figure when the retro thing goes out, I can still keep it and put it up during Halloween as a spooky mirror. I love it!

11 Quick Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Love the new hair cut! I think I am going to go to short too!!

The Bradys said...

cute mirror and even cuter hair! i love it! o and if u want some real cute bows for cheap my friend is starting to make and sell super cute bows and headbands. ill give u her info when i see u this weekend!

Ali said...

Very cute, very fresh cut! I love it! ...that mirror is rad too- you have an eye for things.

Tanya said...

love the haircut it is very cute. I can show you how to make tons of hairbows and headbands, with flowers and everything imaginable, for pretty dang cheap, a bunch of girls in my ward make them and I went and learned the tricks of the trade so If i ever have a girl I'm ready, ha ha ha

Kristyn said...

Your hair looks awesome!!! I can't belive no one notice it at church! They were probably too preoccupied with whatever cute outfit you had on that day. :) And I looooove the mirror. Spray painting is the coolest thing ever I've decided. Way to go for a cheap redo on an old item! So smart!

Brooke and Aaron said...

You're so crafty. I wish I did stuff like that. Emma does the same thing with our infant toys. Our preschoolers must love showing us how big they are and how good they are at things. Your kids are so funny.

Russ and Debbie said...

I LOVE THE HAIR CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person... and good job on the mirror! I have a couple of things I need to paint to...so they can be retro! :)

The Burnetts said...

I love your hair! It looks great! And, your kids are too cute...Tay does the same thing with Luke's toys (they think they are so big).

ashley said...

i love the hair cut. it's hard to get used to but so nice to have it shorter huh?

Janice said...

your hair looks great short! so much easier and more manageable.

Foy said...

I love you hair! so cute. Ya I think you have my old work one. We will for sure be there. Is there anything in particular that I should bring. Let me know. I can't wait to meet brooklyn =)