Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I think the time has come!


It must be time to wean this little girl of mine. I have done a pretty good job, but now that she has teeth, I have nicknamed her Jaws. She is a biter! The worst part is that she thinks it is funny. I start to scream and she gets this big grin in her face. I have tried flicking her cheek when she does it to get her to stop, but it doesn't phase her. One time I did it pretty hard and she started to cry, so I just felt like crap. Nothing like making a baby cry to boost the self-esteem right? So I have conflicting feelings about it. I will be happy to have my body back to myself again and let these things shrink a bit. They are heavy and hurting my back. I am not looking forward to spending money on formula. It is so expensive! I am excited that this opens me up to being away from her a little more though. I can have a girls day out without kids! I was even thinking about taking a part-time job to do something fun for me. Making a little extra cash on the side would be so helpful. On the other hand, I remember what it was like to wean Micah and he wasn't really a nursing baby the way she is. I don't know how it will go as far as my body goes (clogged ducts or mastitis) or how she will take it. She enjoys a bottle, but she will let me know that she wants to nurse too, so we will have to take this step by step!

P.S. I had a picture of a real shark on here earlier, but it was freaking me out, so I switched to a cartoon. I think it is a little friendlier looking!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

That's tough. It will be nice to "have your body back." I hope she transitions well for you. It's so interesting how different children are. Just when you think you've got it figured out, the next child throws you a curve ball.

Kellyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Russ and Debbie said...

Hey I wanted to read the comment after all I heard last night... Oh well.....