Monday, November 24, 2008

Lots of little things

First off, Happy Birthday to me! Thanks to everyone who called or texted me. That was sweet of you to think of me! I celebrated on Saturday with a sushi lunch with the parents (Chad can't stand it) and then met up with the rest of the family at the Cheesecake Factory for dessert that night. It was a long wait and this is what the kids were doing to kill time:

Micah chose to hide amongst the chairs...

...while Brooklyn used them as teethers!
Anyways, we had fun, too bad I forgot to take pictures of the actual party. I guess it is a sign that we had a good time! I was spoiled with all my nice presents. My mom has ruined me for life by buying me Hudson jeans. Now I will have an expensive habit I can't afford, but I love them! I am glad I celebrated Saturday because Sunday was crazy. I decided to sleep in. I handed the kids off to Chad and tried to sleep only to end up having nightmares. I awoke to Brooklyn screaming at around 8:30 and tried to tune it out. No go, I got a phone call from my sister-in-law with some sort of urgency (I still have no clue what happened). I start to worry about that, since I am great at worrying. As I get off the phone, Chad informs me that BOTH of our sweet kids celebrated my birthday with their own fireworks AKA blown out diapers. So within 20 minutes of waking up I was rinsing poop out of pajamas and stressed. No worries, it all got better from there, but man, of all days!
Speaking of poop, (how sad is it that I can start a conversation like that?) Micah used the potty and went number two for the very first time! We have had a race car sitting up on the light fixture in the bathroom for about two months now as a prize to get him to use the potty. He finally did it! He loves the car and I hope this is the beginning of the end of diapers for Micah. We will have to wait and see. I think I will give underwear a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. If you need me I will be at home!

I am happy to announce that Christmas shopping for the kids is done. We did a very thorough shopping trip at Target tonight while my mom watched the kids. We got some really neat things for them that I think they will like and my stress level is going down as a result, which brings me to my next idea....who is up for a wrapping party? I was thinking we could get together wrap presents, have hot cocoa, listen to Christmas music or put on a Christmas movie. It's not all about the kids, right?

6 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

Geez, what a way to start out your birthday! The wrapping party sounds fun, but I only have one little presant so far. Hopefully I can get everything bought on Friday.

The Burnetts said...

A wrapping party sounds so super fun! Wish I was a little closer...let me know if you decide to do it - we'll see if it works out to come and visit!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I'm done shopping and wrapping presents for Christmas BUT, I'd love to come over and hang out and help you wrap your presents, if you'll let me. I enjoy wrapping, it's the bows I don't like to do. Maybe we can form a little assembly line. :)

Baby Blues Photography... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I had no clue it was your bday! hope your day was extra great! and way to go Micah! Hope it keeps going, for mama's sake lol :)

Becky and Ben said...

BTW, Happy Birthday, lovely lady! And I feel you on the potty training. I am able to put Brad in underwear now, and boy is it great. However, he still wears pull-ups at daycare. Still frustrating. Sometimes I wish I was at home with him and could do it full-time. But I gotta work. Well, besides the poop, I hope that day was great, cuz you sure do deserve it!

Ali said...

What a cute idea...a wrapping party?/! Unfortunately, I am so not done in Christmas shopping yet, and Jeff just got his Christmas last night- a new board :) You have the best party get together ideas though.